Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downshifting Gears in Car

Options
  • 20-04-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

I just have a question about slowing down/ downshifting gears in a car. I'm close to my test date and I'm just a bit unsure

Say you're driving in 5th gear and there is a corner in the distance that you need to turn. I understand that for the driving test in Ireland they would like to see you turn corner in 2nd gear.

Is it allowed for you to change down from 5th to 2nd gear in one go (e.g. break until you slow down a bit and keep foot in on clutch while you change from 5-4-3-2)? Is this the correct way to do it in a test or is there another method? In my head it does not make sense to keep taking foot off the clutch after each gear change because that would mean you would put foot back on gas...this will maintain your speed rather than slowing down?

Please let me know what is correct method for the test!

Comments

Advertisement