Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastroenterologist in Dublin

Options
  • 20-04-2018 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I posted this on another forum but I hope someone can help here. Can anyone recommend a good gastroenterologist in Dublin? Someone who is really good at their job and willing to sit and listen and help find out what the problem is? I've been to a couple in the past who were not the best. I've heard of a woman Dr. Weston in the Beacon but I'd like a personal recommendation, if anyone has one. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Have you tried the GI unit in the mater misericordiae?

They have a dedicated GI unit there:
    https://www.mater.ie/services/gastrointestinal-unit/
    I was treated by 4 different consultants there and found them all to be very responsive and to provide excellent care

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Thank you Geecee - I clicked on link and read about the unit there - it looks impressive.
    If you don't mind me asking - was there any consultant in particular you would return to or ask to see?
    If it's not possible to post names on here, would you PM me?
    Really appreciate your reply :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

PM sent

Thank you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

my wife sees Jan Leyden in the Mater. He's very good and only does public.
    She saw Brian Meighan in JAmes' Private for a diagnosis and he referred her over to Jan.

• Advertisement

Thank you Tatranska. There might be a long waiting list if its public but I will check him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mijas wrote: »
    Thank you Tatranska. There might be a long waiting list if its public but I will check him out.

We went through a private consultant first who diagnosed the problem but was a friend of Leyden and referred her across. It didn't take too long.

Advertisement