Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creature Identification

Options
  • 20-04-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi folks - i'm struggling to identify some creatures I found in my rainwater tank and curious to see if someone could tell me what they could be. I'm concerned it could impact my plants unless properly understood.

Quick video:
    (i havent posted much on boards so cant post direct url, but youtube video: watch?v=bb-Eteklzb4 )

Context: I collect rainwater from a roof gutter on the top floor of an apartment block. Its filtered through some sponge before being poured into a water tank thats used to water 30+ plants on a rooftop. I was clearing the tank to clean and prep for the summer and it had some water left in the bottom from the autumn. There were hundreds of these critters sitting at the bottom of the tank. I cant confirm for definite, but I think i saw these creatures surviving underneath the tiles on the roof last year, but i'm not sure they're exactly the same.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement