Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tis the growing season! What I did today.

Options
  • 20-04-2018 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Cleared my bijou growing beds! I had sown salah er salad leaves under cover about a week before Hurricane Ophelia hit, that followed by Storm Brian meant I just shrugged and decided I'd leave everything until Spring obviously I never expected it would take so long but warm sun has finally arrived so I went up to clear the beds and lo - a few salad leaves had survived the deluge but were looking pretty manky so the beds are cleared and will be sown with onion sets and various leaves in the coming week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

I plant in an old boat in the garden. Cleaned it up and planted strawberries, carrots, broccoli and peas on Sunday, there's a sensory area with lavender, lemon balm and mint and chocolate mint, all making a return on their own. Also have some flowers to go into the ground over the weekend to help support the bees. The apple trees are looking good and our cherry blossoms are ready to open, delighted with the weather today!

Advertisement