Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty ewe lambs

• 20-04-2018 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭

Lads, have a good few ewe lambs that I put with the Ram last year that didn't go in lamb. I assume ye don't cull these? What about empty 2 year olds ie ones that only went with the ram first time in their second autumn?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

arctictree wrote: »
    Lads, have a good few ewe lambs that I put with the Ram last year that didn't go in lamb. I assume ye don't cull these? What about empty 2 year olds ie ones that only went with the ram first time in their second autumn?

Id kill 2 year olds. Id probably keep the yearlings but with tje good prices you could kill the worst of them and buy replacemnts in autumn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

arctictree wrote: »
    Sell them all ...you won't get better prices than present... I got 156 for dry hoggets during the week..I won't get that in the back end...as a friend of mine said during the week..a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...plus there is obviously a fault there

Advertisement