Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Side jobs for extra income

• 20-04-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I see a lot off lads on here are part time farmers some have full time jobs and farm around that. I was wondering what the rest off the lads do for extra income as you'd need a lot off sheep till just be farming? I myself contract shear on the side and would look after other farmers sheep aswell who hold full time jobs... do a bit off haulage till the factory and marts aswell... get nabbed till do fencing the odd time also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭kk.man

Lambman wrote: »
    I see a lot off lads on here are part time farmers some have full time jobs and farm around that. I was wondering what the rest off the lads do for extra income as you'd need a lot off sheep till just be farming? I myself contract shear on the side and would look after other farmers sheep aswell who hold full time jobs... do a bit off haulage till the factory and marts aswell... get nabbed till do fencing the odd time also.
    I could do someone like you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Haha a lot off the work I do is for relations uncle's and aunts on both sides and family friends the pay could be light at times but were never stuck for an extra pair off hands when we need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I'm a quantity surveyor full time and keep the sheep as well as doing part time as work on the side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Dickie10

sub teaching, suits farming well

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Full time vet to be able to afford to farm, try to lamb in two batches. Early before Work gets busy and then late batch of horned ewes and half horniest that are supposed to look after themselves when I’m busy with everyone else’s 🙈. Still do the odd day contract shearing but that’s more for sport than work🀔🀔 😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement