Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on stuck fork

Options
  • 20-04-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

My steering is getting a bit rough so decided to have a look at the bearings. Removed cap bolt, handlebars and took out bolt to fork. When I've done this before the fork has slid out easily enough but its stuck fast. Gave it a couple of gentle knocks with a hammer and block of wood but no joy.

Any tips, if I were to try and squirt some WD40 down is there anything likely to get damaged ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Have you undone the stem bolts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Yes handlebars and stem are hanging loose completely off fork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Does it have a carbon steerer?
    I've had this problem with a carbon steerer.
    The expanding bung, that goes inside the steerer tube had made the steerer tube itself expand. The tube could not be removed. I took out the expanding bung and hit the steerer tube with a rubber hammer. Steerer tube dropped out.

Advertisement