Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm and Lucy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Probably has to work out his notice...:p... .enjoying JC on sundays...;)

Is JC on Sunday mornings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

Probably has to work out his notice...:p

Is he leaving the station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Well that would be the first I've heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yes...

At some point...;)

"Hayes and Lucy inflected my local odeon cinema with a really cringey ad. Horrific."

.." you know you're getting old when you think this show is good..."....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Colm: Paul McCartney's first wife Linda was a photographer, her name was Eastman

Friday girl Rebecca: Oh I didn't know that....

Colm: Paul McCartney's first wife Linda was a photographer, her name was Eastman

Friday girl Rebecca:... who's Paul McCartney ?....

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

"Hayes and Lucy inflected my local odeon cinema with a really cringey ad. Horrific."

It really should come with a health warning at the start.. “This show will probably give you ear cancer and reduce your IQ so much you’ll have to dig for it”

Could even get K-k-k-k-evin to read it in the voice of a simpleton? Wouldn’t be hard for him.

Homer wrote: »
    It really should come with a health warning at the start.. “This show will probably give you ear cancer and reduce your IQ so much you’ll have to dig for it”

Could even get K-k-k-k-evin to read it in the voice of a simpleton? Wouldn’t be hard for him.

I'd say most of their listeners already have big shovels....as for Kev ,I saw him ball shopping recently.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I heard them last week heartily endorsing some caller for keeping a large sum of money he found as a young lad, basically congratulating him on being a thief, all on the basis that the authorities probably would have pocketed it if he had been honest and handed it in anyway. Never again will they darken my dial. Such a pity Nova, you have lost the run of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Complaint given to the BAI: REJECTED
    Complaint made by: Mr. Declan O’Hara Ref. No. 9/19
    Station:
    Programme:
    Date:
    Radio Nova
    The Colm & Lucy Breakfast Show
    25th January 2019
    1. Programme
    The Breakfast Show is a mix of music and light banter between the presenters. This programme is broadcast each weekday from 6 to 10am.
    2. Complaint Category
    Broadcasting Act 2009 - Section 48(1)(b) (harm & offence); the BAI Code of Programme Standards - Principle 3.
    3. Complaint Summary
    The complainant states that during a chat between two presenters, one presenter, who was standing in for one of the regular presenters, relayed a story about an incident in a play area involving her child and another child. The co-presenter stated that she grabbed and kicked one of the children. The complainant found this story contained harmful references and was unhappy that this story was aired.
    4. Broadcaster Responses
    The broadcaster states that the show is quite edgy and ‘tongue in cheek’ and states that the item in question was delivered in this manner. The actions referred to were of an exaggerated nature with the emphasis on entertainment rather than a real-life event. The broadcaster apologised for offending the complainant and stated that the content of the breakfast show is usually entertainment and should not be interpreted as serious.
    5. Executive Complaints Forum
    Reject (Unanimous)
    Having considered the broadcast and the submissions from the complainant and the broadcaster and having also had regard to the relevant legislation and Code, the Forum decided to reject the complaint. The Forum's views and reasons for the decision are set out below.
    The Forum noted the complaint was submitted under Principle 3 of the Code of Programme Standards. The Code requires broadcasters to take due care to ensure that audiences are not exposed to harmful content and must provide adequate information to audiences to allow them to make informed choices about what they listen to and watch. The Code acknowledges that, in enriching people’s lives through entertainment, information and other programming, broadcasters must be free to make programmes that may be provocative or deal with sensitive issues.
    The Forum had regard to the concerns of the complainant in respect of comments made by one of the presenters during a discussion about children’s play centres. The Forum found it likely that some listeners may have found the comments offensive and, in this context, considered that the broadcaster could have exercised more care. However, the Forum noted that the comments were made in a light-hearted manner during a casual conversation between presenters, which is in keeping with the tone of the programme. In considering the type of programme and the channel, the Forum decided that audiences would likely expect this type of interaction and conversation between presenters. The Forum concluded that the comments, particularly in the context of the overall interaction, could not reasonably be considered as causing harm or encouraging people to imitate acts which are damaging to their health and safety.
    The Forum was of the view that the content of this programme was such that it did not infringe the requirements of the Code of Programme Standards. On this basis, the complaint was rejected.

Are you surprised.?....its nova we're talking about..theres no point complaining..at this late stage anyways..;)

Looks like the BAI are happy with talk of sh1t, farting, other bodily fluids, having sex in different places, Lucy getting wet etc..and all at school time....

Do we assume that the "9/19" refers to the amount of nova complaints....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

If I could find the date of the programme I'd actually make a complaint myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

It's absolute poo.

" Welcome to the new breakfast show on nova..Previously known as "Previously on the Colm and Lucy show"..."....

Or..remember those Hayesy days of summer.....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

"if you could make out with a celebrity who would it be?"

How many times per show is show is she gonna say that,the utter moron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

"if you could make out with a celebrity who would it be?"

How many times per show is show is she gonna say that,the utter moron?

Maybe they will keep doing this on the show until some poor listener finally texts in "Colm or Lucy...I'm not fussy" :D

robo wrote: »
    Maybe they will keep doing this on the show until some poor listener finally texts in "Colm or Lucy...I'm not fussy" :D

Lucy!!!..not even with yours mate........she'd never stop talking sh1te..you'd have to jam something in her gob, ....:D

• Advertisement

Did they mention Brendan Grace on the show today?

Elmo wrote: »
    Did they mention Brendan Grace on the show today?

Dont listen but i'm sure Col was a huge ( obese) fan of him.....and Benny Hill.....:pac:

Dont listen but i'm sure Col was a huge ( obese) fan of him.....and Benny Hill.....:pac:

I only caught Lucy's Loose or what ever that's called. No mention and as you say Colm was prob his biggest fan and Lucy had him on Living With Lucy.

I only caught Lucy's Loose or what ever that's called. No mention and as you say Colm was prob his biggest fan and Lucy had him on Living With Lucy.

Yeah..Its like a death sentence...too soon..?..:o

Yeah..Its like a death sentence...too soon..?..:o

And isn't it ironic, don't you think? ;-)

I'd say most of their listeners already have big shovels....as for Kev ,I saw him ball shopping recently.....
    Football? Tennis ball? Sliotar? ;-)

• Advertisement

And isn't it ironic, don't you think? ;-)

Ha...just heard Courtenay play this song...ironic or wha.....:P

Ha...just heard Courtenay play this song...ironic or wha.....:P
    It's certainly more ironic than a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break. Get a dictionary, Alanis.

Small question how is Friday Girl Rebecca on both 98FM and Nova. Is she freelance?

Small question how is Friday Girl Rebecca on both 98FM and Nova. Is she freelance?

No idea who Rebecca is mate....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

No idea who Rebecca is mate....:confused:

Her name is Rebecca Horan. She stands in for Lucy on Fridays. She was a journalist and reporter on 4FM, Today FM, Newstalk and 98FM. She also was an AA travel reporter on RTE Radio 1 and Lyric FM. Rebecca's main job seems to be as a Video Manager, presenter and journalist for DMG Media Ireland

• Advertisement

Her name is Rebecca Horan. She stands in for Lucy on Fridays. She was a journalist and reporter on 4FM, Today FM, Newstalk and 98FM. She also was an AA travel reporter on RTE Radio 1 and Lyric FM. Rebecca's main job seems to be as a Video Manager, presenter and journalist for DMG Media Ireland

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think she might still be with 98FM? Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think she might still be with 98FM? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Not according to Linkedin, but it could be out of date of course!

You could be thinking of Rebecca Shekleton. I got her from Linkedin! She is Head of Social Media & Digital Content in 98FM and a radio presenter.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've only heard small snippets of her, but she's a damn sight better than Lucy Kennedy. They should do themselves a favour and just have her replace Lucy full time.

Must say I find I cannot stand Lucy Kennedy - often change back to Radio Nova just to give it a chance only to find myself switching back after a couple of sentences from her.

Goes right through your skull, always talking about inane ****e as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Must say I find I cannot stand Lucy Kennedy - often change back to Radio Nova just to give it a chance only to find myself switching back after a couple of sentences from her.

you're not alone on that one. I can't watch her on the telly either. have to switch over as soon as she comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

The breakfast show is ruining the station. At least you can choose not to listen till after 10am but then they pollute the rest of the day with promos to remind us why we didn't tune in till after 10 in the first place.
    Latest one, how she misread cock house instead of cook house. Its 5yr school boy humour, like a competition to see who can say a hilarious rude word first. Awful stuff.

prunudo wrote: »
    The breakfast show is ruining the station. At least you can choose not to listen till after 10am but then they pollute the rest of the day with promos to remind us why we didn't tune in till after 10 in the first place.
    Latest one, how she misread cock house instead of cook house. Its 5yr school boy humour, like a competition to see who can say a hilarious rude word first. Awful stuff.

I've tuned out totally because of those. Used to listen to Greg in the evenings, but those adverts have put me right off. Removed Nova from my list of saved stations.

Been listening to Paul McLoone on today FM for something different instead.

Kamili wrote: »
    I've tuned out totally because of those. Used to listen to Greg in the evenings, but those adverts have put me right off. Removed Nova from my list of saved stations.

Been listening to Paul McLoone on today FM for something different instead.

I have moved to Dublin City FM in the morning!

I have moved to Dublin City FM in the morning!

Me too, much better service and no stupid childish jokes!

What if Colm did the show on his own?

• Advertisement

He could do it with a carton of old milk and it would be an improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JUST PLAY THE F**ING TUNES AND STFU
    and he'd be the best ever

If ever two people epitomised the phrase “one trick pony” it’s those two absolute dunces! Thankfully the JNLR ratings have rightly proven that the majority of Dublin radio listeners are not interested in fart jokes and braindead toilet humour every morning, and hopefully it’s only a matter of time before before they get the p45!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

He could do it with a carton of old milk and it would be an improvement

Let the carton host the show altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

I've also given up on Nova. I switched in the mornings few months ago, but now when I hear those cringe ads, I'm on my bike again... Completely ruined what was once a great station, IMHO

prunudo wrote: »

She didnt misread it at all...its what Hayes wrote for her to pretend its not pre-rehersed.....they spend hours after work on next mornings hilarity...i'd say Hayes had his cook out and threw her off......:P

TBH...he'll be glad this thread is at the top again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

She didnt misread it at all...its what Hayes wrote for her to pretend its not pre-rehersed.....they spend hours after work on next mornings hilarity...i'd say Hayes had his cook out and threw her off......:P

TBH...he'll be glad this thread is at the top again....

It had crossed my mind that they stage these hilarious moments alright.

i'd say Hayes had his cook out and threw her off......:P

Well at least one of them would have seen it. Colons gut has probably prevented him from seeing his for some years now.

Have you seen their new cinema ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Have you seen their new cinema ad?

A ha ha ha ha ha

Yes

Advertisement