Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm and Lucy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

(Originally posted by FanadMan)
    Haven't mentioned this for a while, but if you listen to the Classic Rock stream late morning/early afternoon during the week, there is a good chance that you'll hear Colon & Loopy recording their early morning show. Two weeks ago (Monday, 11-12ish) Loopy asking Colon if he watched "Livin' with Loopy" last night. He said he did and it was a great show, so interesting etc. Err, show wasn't broadcast for another 10 hours!

Will have to dig out some of the recordings I've done from that stream. Loopy might seem like a really nice polite, chirpy person but she has a tongue that would make a sailor blush

Homer wrote: »
    Well at least one of them would have seen it. Colons gut has probably prevented him from seeing his for some years now.
    Colm Gutz
    G1055.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Listening to Jack there this afternoon ,couldnt avoid hearing these two cnuts goin on about the rugby and now they've resorted to imitating Japanese people ...racist..?...or just a new low ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Saw a headline today that read "Lucy relieved over cancellation" and got my hopes up that what was being cancelled was hers and Colm's morning show on Nova.

No such luck - it was for some show or other on TV.

The pickings are slim out there in radio world. The office I work in plays the radio and most of the time it's on Nova because the other choices are worse because they're bad all day, instead of only being bad for the few hours those two are on. If I have a lot of printing to do, I save it all for early morning so the noise of the printer can drown out the horrible sounds of both their voices in between songs.

I never listen to it at home anymore because there is no escaping the reminders or the recaps of their show. One phlegmy utterance from Colm is all it takes to make me want to hurl the radio out the window.

Dear Nova, why do you hate your (ex and current) listeners so much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

From that article

“I’m in the lucky position that I have a radio career so I don’t rely on the telly gigs. I’m with Radio Nova from Monday to Friday – I’m on contract with them essentially for the next five years

Woo-who!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Elmo wrote: »
    From that article

“I’m in the lucky position that I have a radio career so I don’t rely on the telly gigs. I’m with Radio Nova from Monday to Friday – I’m on contract with them essentially for the next five years

Woo-who!

I thought Rebecca Horan stood in for Lucy on Fridays.

I thought Rebecca Horan stood in for Lucy on Fridays.

She must have tiny tiny feet................:D

(Originally posted by FanadMan)
    Haven't mentioned this for a while, but if you listen to the Classic Rock stream late morning/early afternoon during the week, there is a good chance that you'll hear Colon & Loopy recording their early morning show. Two weeks ago (Monday, 11-12ish) Loopy asking Colon if he watched "Livin' with Loopy" last night. He said he did and it was a great show, so interesting etc. Err, show wasn't broadcast for another 10 hours!

Will have to dig out some of the recordings I've done from that stream. Loopy might seem like a really nice polite, chirpy person but she has a tongue that would make a sailor blush

Living with Lucy is repeated on Sunday night,If she asked on Monday..She was asking about the repeat show?

This has to die soon,

its 100% muck,100% of the time.

I just dont listen to them..i'd rather listen to Lyric ..
    This is novas downfall...Haze knows that the average listener will be only listening for probably an hour a day..mostly on their lunch brake or if theyre in some coffee shop somewhere spending their dole ...so theres no incentive for him to try to hold onto them longer by playing better music, getting better presenters etc.
    Take Miller (please god) waffling on about crap, his sprogs, other peoples sprogs, what drives him mad about mothercare etc...and a handful of tunes...
    Then theres Courtenay..ah poor Pat....not sure if its the alzheimers or he's sticking to the script Haze gave him, but the repetition in his stories is a bit worrying tbh..since he's gotten back from his holiday in France its all he talks about..and the same stories over and over...its like visiting me granny in the home...
    Again..if you just tune in now and then to him you think the stories are "fresh" and hilarious....:rolleyes:
    Back to me coffee.........:P

• Advertisement

I gave up on Nova about a year ago and I just pop into this thread hoping to see if there is any news of the breakfast show being cancelled! Been listening to RTE Gold for a while and it suits my needs, little waffle just music and a bit of chat about the music!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I gave up on Nova about a year ago and I just pop into this thread hoping to see if there is any news of the breakfast show being cancelled! Been listening to RTE Gold for a while and it suits my needs, little waffle just music and a bit of chat about the music!

Love the mix on there...Sister sledge..Ian Dury..:)

Love the mix on there...Sister sledge..Ian Dury..:)

Same here,love the blend of old stuff from the sixties alongside 90s tracks.It would be great to have it on nationwide FM,maybe instead of Lyric!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Same here,love the blend of old stuff from the sixties alongside 90s tracks.It would be great to have it on nationwide FM,maybe instead of Lyric!

Or nova..................:D

At least Lyric is aimed at its listeners, whereas nova is like a startled rabbit.....

I avoid it like the plague in the morning. Yer wan Lucy thinks she’s gas and never shuts the **** up with her inane “banter”.

Just mistook a man for Colm in Greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Just mistook a man for Colm in Greystones.

You push him off a cliff?

You push him off a cliff?

In fairness there's a lot of men in Greystones that look and sound like Haze....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I listen to Classic Hits now. Not great, but just have it on my commute.

Don't switch back to Nova at any time of the day. All down to having to stop listening to that awful morning show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I really really dislike this duo. I generally don't really really dislike anything but this is so cringe worthy. I can hear them rehearsing the "joke" they are about to make the second the "randomly" come up with a topic.
    My 10 year old has a YouTube channel with her friends and I'd genuinely find Thier humour better.

Colm haze has done nothing but annoy me since the breakup with jimjim. I used to like that due. The Colm and Lucy due us the worst god damn think I have ever heard and has stopped me listening to my favourite Irish radio station.

Please nova read this and axe the two of them and save yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The funniest thing is how they think them being back together is something people are happy about:pac: if you look at my profile you will see I'm very passive and don't complain about much but my god these two just do my head in something fierce:mad:

iamtony wrote: »
    I really really dislike this duo. I generally don't really really dislike anything but this is so cringe worthy. I can hear them rehearsing the "joke" they are about to make the second the "randomly" come up with a topic.
    My 10 year old has a YouTube channel with her friends and I'd genuinely find Thier humour better.

Colm haze has done nothing but annoy me since the breakup with jimjim. I used to like that due. The Colm and Lucy due us the worst god damn think I have ever heard and has stopped me listening to my favourite Irish radio station.

Please nova read this and axe the two of them and save yourself!

Sadly they do read this thread but take no notice of any of the comments....it's not how ego's work...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The guy that does the weather even sounds like he's on the verge of jumping of a cliff.

Signs off with "from the home of the Colm and Lucy breafast show"

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The guy that does the weather even sounds like he's on the verge of jumping of a cliff.

Signs off with "from the home of the Colm and Lucy breafast show"

The reason people turn off..............

Lucy seems to only do a 3 day week and is replaced by Rebecca, I don't think she's much better.

The latest promo's ...Haze gets to say "Willy"....he really is a sad perv......:rolleyes:

Hayes and Kennedy get to go to Japan while the rest of them get to sing Karaoke in a bar in Dublin on Monday night?

Hayes and Kennedy get to go to Japan while the rest of them get to sing Karaoke in a bar in Dublin on Monday night?

you copy and pasting me?:confused:

Because there is a thread for the Colm and Lucy breakfast show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

These two really are a royal pain in the arse.

Your one Kennedy in particular constantly talking about her irritating children.

OIH KENNEDY!!!

I DONT ****ING CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN. STOP ****ING TALKING ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!

Also I think it’s been mentioned but I’ll reiterate the point that their attempt at back and forth “banter/craic” is cringeworthy at best.

Bring back Pat all is forgiven!!!

Because there is a thread for the Colm and Lucy breakfast show.

Now now...no fighting...Haze would love that......:P

How do you Liam Quigley fans feel about him being paired up with Lucy while Colm is away?

How do you Liam Quigley fans feel about him being paired up with Lucy while Colm is away?

Don't call myself a Liam Fan but I can only imagine the show would be 50% better.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Don't call myself a Liam Fan but I can only imagine the show would be 50% better.

I'd say it should be 75% better with Colin away......;)

• Advertisement

Eric Lalor in for Lucy tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

Eric Lalor in for Lucy tomorrow

Going for the Pj & Jim vibe. Maybe it will be the Eric & Liam Breakfast show

This morning Lucy did a review of the Jojo something concert in the 3 Arena last night. A review of a teen pop princess!!! Shes on a "rock" station FFS!

prunudo wrote: »
    Going for the Pj & Jim vibe. Maybe it will be the Eric & Liam Breakfast show

I like Eric. Certainly more so than Lucy Kennedy.

• Advertisement

But you'll miss all the Colin's funny jokes and Looseg*e's rude words then.....:p.

I think Stephanie Preissner was in for Lucy this morning.

I think Stephanie Preissner was in for Lucy this morning.

Who???

Still none the wiser

Who gives a flying f...................:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Stefanie Preissner has been a guest on The Late Late Show a couple of times over the last two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stefanie Preissner has been a guest on The Late Late Show a couple of times over the last two years.

She wrote can’t cope won’t cope she’s getting a pilot chat show on RTÉ when D’arcy goes in the NY.

Elmo wrote: »
    She wrote can’t cope won’t cope she’s getting a pilot chat show on RTÉ when D’arcy goes in the NY.

So basically she's just another " celebrity" who Colin wanted to be seen with....:rolleyes:

Colm is on now, flying solo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement