Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35, The Skinny One, Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I have Sterling, and on today's viewing I'm not in much of a rush to get Jesus in. Jury is still out on if anyone else is worth the risk of not starting imo
    Do you mean that you'll be confident going into the DGW with only Sterling?

As much as I'm frustrated over the pointless -4 I took on Sané, I now have him and he got his rest. In theory he now should not see too much of the bench.

A GW37 DGW always is always very risky with many teams having nothing to play for...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

All three of my City players scored. Granted one missed a penalty as well, but I really can't complain with my haul from that game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Do you mean that you'll be confident going into the DGW with only Sterling?

As much as I'm frustrated over the pointless -4 I took on Sané, I now have him and he got his rest. In theory he now should not see too much of the bench.

A GW37 DGW always is always very risky with many teams having nothing to play for...

If salah isn't in that predicted team next week I'll be getting sane for him . I'd say he starts 3 of the next 4 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

62 with Tosun left. Rival's captain Jesus and Lacazette late shows hurt me though. He's Baines left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Laca and the city lads making the FH a good success but for most they now have no city so you nearly have to take whatever hit you take next week off your score to see the true worth.

Yup, thought this myself.

I'll be banking while most will be getting certain players in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    Yup, thought this myself.

I'll be banking while most will be getting certain players in.

I’ll be trying to keep a step ahead and get spurs in . Although they were awful yday !!!!!
    Not sure I’ll sell salah yet
    May want him captain 38

I can get to 13 dgw players with himself and hennesy in just 5 transfers . And I’m of a mind to do that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

km79 wrote: »
    I’ll be trying to keep a step ahead and get spurs in . Although they were awful yday !!!!!
    Not sure I’ll sell salah yet
    May want him captain 38

I can get to 13 dgw players with himself and hennesy in just 5 transfers . And I’m of a mind to do that .

Thinking similar. Bank GW36, two FT in GW37 getting in DSilva and Jesus, giving me 14 DGW players, and a BB, but at the expence of Salah and Vardy. Will take a four point hit to Salah back for Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

59 with Dubravka and Lascelles to go on the FH.

The penalty miss as a Gungodan and Jesus (c) was big but I feel a bit lucky with the late goals for Lacazette and Jesus today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not HEWT....31(-4) with Dubravka and Kenedy to go.

A Newcastle clean sheet and Kenedy returns could just about suffice in terms of money league but back to square fupping one in OR yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jaysus, i wasn't expecting that!

69 gives me a GW rank of 10k and almost halving my OR from 118k to 64k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm on 43(-8) with dummet, Kennedy and Walcott to go. A meaningless game with neither team able to get relegated or make Europe would usually mean lots of goals. Unfortunately its big Sam and Rafa in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

62 Coleman and Perez to go on Free Hit. HEWT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm on 43(-8) with dummet, Kennedy and Walcott to go. A meaningless game with neither team able to get relegated or make Europe would usually mean lots of goals. Unfortunately its big Sam and Rafa in charge.

You'd hope the time for laying it down and going on the attack is suitable for now or never. What's the use in a grinded win. Fans deserve some fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

58 on FH takes me from 7.2k to 4.9k.
    My City trio delivered, but going Auba over Laca does sting.
    Baines and Tosun yet to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

72 this week on free hit, with Baines to come. I've got 195 (-8) in the past two gameweeks, moving up 500k places and taking the lead for the first time in my main league. This after being 150 points behind a couple of months ago and nearly giving up. The chips have really paid off but now I have to defend a lead, without Salah, Kane or anyone from City. But hey, I feel I can hold my head up again in here :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

64 with Coleman left. I'll take that. A nice 5 points from Butland considering he had no clean sheet! :)

Also, I see Fabianski got 9 points despite conceding 5 goals! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

77 on a free hit with Baines to go.
    GW rank of 1,268. Moved from 48k to 20k in OR.
    Captained Sterling over Salah. Would have made decent ground on the 3 above me if Salah hadn't scored. Still, I got lucky with Tomkins and Milo not scoring for Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

stephenl15 wrote: »
    62 Coleman and Perez to go on Free Hit. HEWT.

That's a great score. I have the same two players but only 48 pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Delirit with FH score of 62 with Perez to play.
    Season high of 138K OR and good progress in leagues.
    TC and BB still to play, though don't think I am in any shape to play BB.

Up against a triple Everton FH defence in one league tomorrow, really need to fade that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

53 (-8). Up 5k to 58k. Not sure I can keep this green arrow after tomorrow's game but it could have been worse.

It could also have been better but I didn't get some of the luck I got in a few recent GWs (Mili post & denied peno -though he could have missed -, Tomkins post, captain Jesus missed pen, -4 Sané no show).

--

At first glance the FH this GW would have been more profitable than in GW31 when I played it. I'd have gotten KDB instead of Sané, probably Lacazette for Kane after Wenger's words, maybe taken a chance on Ramsey. Well, all the big scorers. But I had 0 City players before this GW. So that'd have meant at least a -8 to follow. GW31 would have also meant -4 or more probably -8. I'd also would have had a very different team in 34, certainly with more DGWers and I know now that it would have meant less points.

So, in the end, against all appearances, the ~35-40 more pts I'd have earned today would have been spent (16 pts worth of hits) or not gained (~10 pts in 31 ; ~10-15 in 34) before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

74 on FH. Almost a perfect week with all my players scoring points bar Walker been benched.

No players tomorrow nights, but a massive jump into 20k OR from 90kish.

Cut my main ML rivals lead from 60 to 20.

Ultra hewt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

63 with Dubravka to play having used my WC.

Have to be happy with my overall score, but there are a couple of small annoyances.

I wanted Fabianski for the DGW but would have had to play him today. Only made a final call to take him out on Saturday morning after the fear of a negative score overtook me.

I chickened out of captaining Sterling, going with Jesus, who then missed the penalty. A minimum 6 points lost and maybe bonus too.

Four of my players also got booked, and Sane didn’t play.

On the plus side, bringing in Lacazette rather than saving a transfer and putting in Kane, worked to perfection. Tomkins, my SGW hero, did it again with a CS and Arnie gave me a lot of hope for the DGW. Oh, and I still have Salah who might now play all remaining games:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

66(-8) with no players left. Up 200,000 places and still TC and BB left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

54 (-8) with Dummett to go. Main goal this week was to avoid being completely annihilated by free hitters, so mission accomplished I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

70 for me after my two auto subs come in:
    Hennessy in for Cech :)
    Crouch in for Sane :(

On free hit and happy with the score.

Very tight at the top of the boards league. Hoping I'll be back in first after the gameweek :)

Looking forward to seeing how the run in ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    70 for me after my two auto subs come in:
    Hennessy in for Cech :)
    Crouch in for Sane :(

On free hit and happy with the score.

Very tight at the top of the boards league. Hoping I'll be back in first after the gameweek :)

Looking forward to seeing how the run in ends up.

Very tight indeed, you'll be 6 points clear going into 36 I think.

A good FH for you for sure and probably luck balancing out between Hennessy and Sane.

But definitely I'm much closer to you than I thought I'd be, a 6 point loss on you for this week I'm very happy with.

TC left for both of us I believe and I imagine we will likely use it in the same way, although I haven't 100% made up my mind.

So will be some small margins that decide it likely, every BP and yellow card will count!

Best of luck to you, hopefully we both do Boards proud and secure a top 500 finish at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Morzadec wrote: »
    Very tight indeed, you'll be 6 points clear going into 36 I think.

A good FH for you for sure and probably luck balancing out between Hennessy and Sane.

But definitely I'm much closer to you than I thought I'd be, a 6 point loss on you for this week I'm very happy with.

TC left for both of us I believe and I imagine we will likely use it in the same way, although I haven't 100% made up my mind.

So will be some small margins that decide it likely, every BP and yellow card will count!

Best of luck to you, hopefully we both do Boards proud and secure a top 500 finish at least!

Yes you did brilliantly without the FH.

Hennessy was certainly lucky :)

Still hard to know at this stage what to do with TC. Have to see who preforms this week I guess.

Yes I'd love a top 500 finish, as you say hopefully we can both do it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Lack of free hit has ruined me this week. Gap of 100 to make up now.
    Both of us have TC left. Planned on kane but will gamble now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Morzadec wrote:

That must be you that's 288th in the world is it? Some going. Top 100 has to be the aim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

That must be you that's 288th in the world is it? Some going. Top 100 has to be the aim.

It is indeed but I'm done for the week and there will be some players tonight and autosubs to come in, so my guess is I'll end the week more around the 350 mark. T-b0n3 for one will pass me out.

Had a look at top 100 or top 10 in Ireland is about 30 points away. It's hard to know how many ahead of me still have their TC but I suppose I could climb some places with that. That's definitely the stretch goal, top 100 would feel like a proper achievement as I know a few with 3 figure finishes, but none with a 2 figure one! I think more than likely it'll be around somewhere between 200 - 300 though.

Forgot to enter the main money league I usually enter though this year!

Advertisement