Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zone heating and hot water

Options
  • 21-04-2018 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Now that summer has finally arrived, I am interested in installing three way zoned heating and hot water controls in my house. Can anyone recommend a competent installer to do this work? Also considering switching to unvented hot water cylinder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Edgar_Murl wrote: »
    Now that summer has finally arrived, I am interested in installing three way zoned heating and hot water controls in my house. Can anyone recommend a competent installer to do this work? Also considering switching to unvented hot water cylinder.

who is your energy supplier - a lot of them have deals on smart heating controls that include SEAI grants e.g. https://shop.electricireland.ie/products/install-detail/honeywell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Check the grant approved list of contractors here
    Tick the box "heating controls upgrade only" and then choose Wickla from the drop down menu, or maybe Dublin if you want to see a few more.
    Just noticed you can also choose Swiss or New Zealander plumbers from the menu (not many actually registered though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Edgar_Murl wrote: »

Did you ever get this done? If so and you can recommend a contractor I'd appreciate details by pm? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

We recently installed a new boiler and also zoned heating and water.. best thing every is we can also control it all from an app on our phone 😛 (we have the panel too for manual) so if it’s cool when I’m in work I log onto to app and boost the heating - so the house is warm / hot water when we get home. Honestly it’s brilliant!

Sean Pearse installedit for us

http://www.braytileheatingandplumbing.ie/

And the app is called ember

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgar_Murl

Thanks Cocker5. How much did the job cost? I have had difficulty finding an installer so will check out your recommendation

• Advertisement
Advertisement