Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord evicted us for family member, now AirBNBing it

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭l5auim2pjnt8qx

Lumen wrote: »
    Only after a really long drawn out statutory process during which the employee is given plenty of chances to improve their performance. Associated costs (and any financial penalties from unfair dismissal) are borne entirely by the business.

Sounds familiar, right?

But small landlords sit in a grey area between business and personal. They want lighter regulation, low compliance costs, to treat their properties as personal when it suits, and for the right to evict without going through a costly legal process, but also want tenants to be act like counterparties in a business transaction.

Of course everyone wants stuff and has the right to advocate for that, but that doesn't mean the demands are reasonable or should be met.

The more the sector is regulated the more it will tend to encourage large business entities who can deal with that regulation (regulation always favours large businesses). The end game all small dwellings being owner-occupied with rented accommodation provided in large blocks by REITs and pension funds paying no Irish taxes at all. That direction of policy travel is heavily influenced by the burden that non-performing loans to landlords played in the last crash, so this "crisis" will be different.

What proof do you have that Small Landlords want lighter regulation and threat
    properties as personal when suits ...Its just an arrogant assumption! Infact Smalltime Landlords are carrying the can for suitable accomadation as the rules are hardly regulated and implemented by the RTB and any rules govern Landlords
    are deemed an inconveniance.

It has been pointed out on several posts how Vulture Funds will crush the market for tenants and small LANDLORDS ALIKE ...so you could please be informed the next time you overlook such a ridiculous assumption!

The RTB cases are clogged up with these type of immature cases of OP and people encouraging it.For soneone that had just been kicked out of there accomodation Op sure has alot of time on his hands....maybe he just moved back in with Mammy & Daddy hence the hissy fits,

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

If there was any more projection in this thread, they could open a cinema :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭l5auim2pjnt8qx

All of this is stuff right here is entirely in your own head. Surely there must be another thread somewhere for amateur fiction?

So says the 24 hr Binocular wearing Stalker.

Whats the latest from the house ,caught someone making a cuppa:D

So says the 24 hr Binocular wearing Stalker.

Whats the latest from the house ,caught someone making a cuppa:D

Yeah, you don't really understand this internet thing, do you?

Edit: hang on, whut? :D No idea how what you wrote connects to my factual, real world situation as opposed to projectionist fantasies.

Right, I think this thread has run its course. I came here to find out what possible actions were available to me and on the off-chance that something similar might have happened to someone else, and I got the information I needed before some Channel 5 docu-soap writers arrived and started world-building.

Thanks to those who helped, and to the others please feel free to continue spinning out your fascinating vindictive scrounger woe-are-landlords yarn. Out here in the real world, I'm going to act on the advice I was given. See ye now!

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Landlord kicks out tenants to start commercially letting via Air Bnb.

You can be guaranteed that its the son that is letting it on airbnb therefore the LL has no case to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AliceMary

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and like the OP, it was based on the principle of it all. Long story short I did report the landlord to the PRTB. It was a lengthy, paperwork filled process but in the end I got a result - the landlord did have to pay a sum to my housemate and I (and in turn we donated a good chunk to a homeless charity because as I mentioned it was the principle of it all). My advice is if you have the time / energy for it all, please do report it to the PRTB, yes the industry does need to be further regulated and yes the government should be doing more, but neither of these things are happening at the moment but that does not mean that we should all stand by and let landlords unfairly evict their tenants. Things will never change if we all stand idly by, the more cases that are reported will help to highlight and document the cracks in the current system.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You can be guaranteed that its the son that is letting it on airbnb therefore the LL has no case to answer.

He doesnt want to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

How you can be so sure? There's no way to know one way or the other at this point. The RTB wouldn't be slow finding out though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement