Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Semi Final Manchester United Vs Spurs - 17:15

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Spursy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Dour game and a poor ref hasn't helped.

Go away outta that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Go away outta that

It's been a messy, scruffy, stop/start affair for those who didn't want either team to win.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully this leads to the break up of this Spurs team.

I forever see a what if about spurs and pottechino but they are not good enough. The better team won today

Excellent performance from Utd

Sanchez, Herrera, Pogba, Jones, Lingard all great today

We are inconsistent at times and our season could have been much better if we had not lost such stupid games we should have won

But when we gel we can beat anyone on our day

Jose still a master of the big games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Great win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Hopefully this leads to the break up of this Spurs team.

Kane to Real
    Just to see him try take Cristianos goal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Did the commentator say that Spurs have lost 8 FA semi-finals in a row? That's mad.

Be surprised if Kane ran for more than 300 metres today. Barely moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Might as well put United’s name on the trophy now, can’t see them losing a cup final to either of the remaining teams, not with Jose’s approach to cup finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Man United presented a narrow, deep sea of players for the final 20 minutes, and Spurs had no idea how to break them down at all. They went out without a whimper really.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Might as well put United’s name on the trophy now, can’t see them losing a cup final to either of the remaining teams, not with Jose’s approach to cup finals.

Red hot favourites anyway I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fantastic result for Jose and United, especially since this was like an away game for United given Tottenham's greater familiarity with Wembley this season.

After today's results there's a chance for United to finish the season in second place and with an FA Cup which would represent meaningful progress from where the club was last season.

As "crisis seasons" go this one ain't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I forever see a what if about spurs and pottechino but they are not good enough.

This.

They're the media darlings, but when it really matters, they're never up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Embarrassing coverage by BBC. Why even bother at that rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

BBC with an avicii song to end the program :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Bottleham Hotspur do it again, so many supposed star players completely anonymous.

I have to say even as a United fan that that was a very poor advertisement for the FA cup, complete dour rubbish but Mourinhos wet dream tactically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Did the commentator say that Spurs have lost 8 FA semi-finals in a row? That's mad.

Rushed him back too soon I’d say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Did he touch the ball in the second half?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Pogba and Sanchez amazing. Spurs never laid a glove on Utd in the second half. They saw the game out with ease,after going in front.

• Advertisement

Nixonbot wrote: »

He's just getting himself in England form early for the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He did but that was only because his teammate took a shot and he got in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

If he didn't, he'll claim he did anyway... :)

giphy.gif

Alan Pardew 2.0 hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That is an astonishing stat alright.

Think he got the last touch off Herrera's goal

EDIT, I just realised that my "quick smart reply" wasn't quite as quick as others! (fwiw, the Kane joke doesn't require much wit, it is too easy!!)

I'll claim it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Enjoyable game of football.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

thelad95 wrote: »
    Bottleham Hotspur do it again, so many supposed star players completely anonymous.

I have to say even as a United fan that that was a very poor advertisement for the FA cup, complete dour rubbish but Mourinhos wet dream tactically.

CPRUjuFWgAAfudC.jpg:large

Most fans would celebrate keeping quiet the top scoring striker in the Premier League and barely giving the opposition a sniff at all in the second half on the way towards booking a place in the Cup Final. But why enjoy the moment when you can instead find reasons to complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Spurs never laid a glove on Utd in the second half.

They got a few studs on them instead.

thelad95 wrote: »

Really, it was a great open first half especially.

I anticipate you had this post scripted before the game though and just copied and pasted

Leaders in the coveted second place trophy race Manchester United face Spurs in Wembley in the first of the 2018 FA Cup semi finals.

Both Nice Guy Jose and hipsters favourite Mauricio have one win a piece over eachother in the league this year with United suffering a sucker punch in the first 60 seconds last time out so The Nice Guy will be anxious to avoid allowing Spurs such a start again.

Alot of questions have been asked about United's star signing, YouTube sensation Paul Pogba and whether he is the man to lead United into the future while Spurs star man Harry Kane is in such a rich vein of scoring form he no longer needs to even touch a ball to get goals.

No doubt the United 16 wheeler will be primed and ready to go for this one.

Such a Glorious post and so true :D:D:D:D:D
    I may have used this too much this season, but **** it for the day that's in it...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Same old same from spurs to be honest, when the chips are down they cannot find a way to win in a big game. until they win a trophy with this current group of players they will always be the nearly men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good goal.

Yep, Herrera did well. Although I'm sure you'd agree a keeper of De Gea's quality would have saved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

dfx- wrote: »
    he doesn't look fit

That's just how good Phil Jones is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Spurs are like Mayo in the gaelic. Just not good enough on the big days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Alan Pardew 2.0 hahah

Behind the scenes at the rehearsal

0U1kELW.gif

How much longer can pochettino flatter to deceive? Have they ever won a game that mattered under him?

Could see a couple move this summer.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

limnam wrote: »
    Behind the scenes at the rehearsal

0U1kELW.gif

I'm not a fan of either team.. but that is a funny post.

Cap off to you sir. Very funny.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Spurs are like Mayo in the gaelic. Just not good enough on the big days.

Or garlic mayo on a kebab. You think it's going to be better than it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How much longer can pochettino flatter to deceive? Have they ever won a game that mattered under him?

Jonathan Wilson is in Poch's corner

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/apr/22/tottenham-manchester-united-cup-semi-final-mauricio-pochettino

I love this, talk about boosting morale in the England camp! :D

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/987757611280994306

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Have seen the narrative starting to change about Pochettino ever so slightly and his comments yesterday haven't helped.

As a Spurs fan, I'll say this. Pochettino leaving would be the biggest disaster for the club since they were relegated in the 70s. I'm absolutely gutted over yesterday and there is a clear mentality problem with this squad but what they've done over the last four years has been extraordinary. We've gone from CL hopefuls to regulars on a fraction of the budget of other clubs. We've played some exciting, attacking football and have gone on the sort of unbeaten runs that we never had under Ramos, AVB, Francis, Gross etc.

If Poch wants a 20 year contract, Levy should give it to him without thinking twice.

Three months ago, he was being hailed as the next Real Madrid manager and now he's being derided as a big game choker. Football is an incredibly fickle business.

• Advertisement

For sure, some people are pretty consistent in their appraisal of people though too which is the flip side of it.

What do you make of his post match comments, twice mentioning whether it's him or a different coah to take Tottenham forward. He wasn't prodded to bring this up which makes it a bit more interesting.

Football is a results business more than anything else, the rest is just background nosie for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

For sure, some people are pretty consistent in their appraisal of people though too which is the flip side of it.

What do you make of his post match comments, twice mentioning whether it's him or a different coah to take Tottenham forward. He wasn't prodded to bring this up which makes it a bit more interesting.

Football is a results business more than anything else, the rest is just background nosie for the most part.

Some Spurs fans are trying to pass it off as a manager speaking in a foreign language. For me, it was quite deliberate but there are a number of potential reasons for it:

1. He's off to PSG/Madrid
    2. He's sending a message to Levy that he can't keep going as he is and needs more support
    3. He's sending a message to the players that he might not be around forever
    4. Maybe he's just fed up and wants out of football

Whatever it is, there is some reason behind it. It wasn't just a slip of the tongue.

Football is a results business and Pochettino has gotten better results for Spurs, on a consistent basis, than any manager we've had in my lifetime. A trophy would be great but I've never enjoyed watching a Spurs team as much in my life as I have over the last few seasons. And that includes the Graham, Venables and Ramos teams that won cups.

Advertisement