Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSLR/Lens repair in Cork

• 21-04-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've been living in cork city for about a year an a half and my sigma lens's aperture wont respond to my Canon 50D
    Its a Sigma 18-250 3.5-5.6 USM/OS

Anyone know of anywhere/one who'll repair it for a reasonable price? The only one I know of is iElectron and they're pretty pricey.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Barker Photographic in Cork are the Sigma agents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Hahnel in Bandon used to be the repair agents for Sigma but I'm not sure if they still are. Definitely worth getting in touch with them.

Personally i wouldn't get the 'repair' shop named in the OP to wire a plug for me but I'll let you make your own mind up on that. Google their reviews and not just their own blurb...

Do all other lenses work on the camera body BTW ?? This could be as small a job as cleaning the contacts or bending out the aperture lever very slightly (and very carefully!!)

Advertisement