Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product key in BOOT Menu

Options
  • 21-04-2018 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

I have a Compaq Presario CQ57 which had Windows 7 installed in it when I purchased the laptop brand new. Unfortunately a few weeks back, my hard drive packed it in and I've purchased a new one. After I put it in, I installed Ubuntu which is working out terribly, and so I'd like to switch back to Windows 7.

Does anyone know if the Windows Product key would still be stored in the boot-up menu anywhere? Or if there is anyway I could obtain it? I don't mind buying a new one if it was wiped when Ubuntu was installed, but saying as it came with the laptop it would be great to find it somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

CPTM wrote: »
    I have a Compaq Presario CQ57 which had Windows 7 installed in it when I purchased the laptop brand new. Unfortunately a few weeks back, my hard drive packed it in and I've purchased a new one. After I put it in, I installed Ubuntu which is working out terribly, and so I'd like to switch back to Windows 7.

Does anyone know if the Windows Product key would still be stored in the boot-up menu anywhere? Or if there is anyway I could obtain it? I don't mind buying a new one if it was wiped when Ubuntu was installed, but saying as it came with the laptop it would be great to find it somewhere.

Is there a windows sticker on the base of the laptop with the key on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭CPTM

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Is there a windows sticker on the base of the laptop with the key on it?

Oh for god sake. There is. This is a face palm moment.. thanks!

Advertisement