Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Permanent Visa Query

• 21-04-2018 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So if anyone can help me out on this question itll be great.

So next week Ill be arriving in Oz(perth) to do my first ever working holiday visa, ill be staying with my mother who moved there a few years back and ill be going with my fiance (Im 20 she is 19)

So basically my question is this : After that first year is it possible for me to apply to live and work there permanently seeming as my mother and her partner have residency. I saw theres visas for families but most of them just say partner and not direct relative for some reason?

I know I can get a second year visa but that requires 3 months regional work and in all honestly spiders freak the hell out of me and my fiance is not exactly abled for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Byzan wrote: »
    So if anyone can help me out on this question itll be great.

So next week Ill be arriving in Oz(perth) to do my first ever working holiday visa, ill be staying with my mother who moved there a few years back and ill be going with my fiance (Im 20 she is 19)

So basically my question is this : After that first year is it possible for me to apply to live and work there permanently seeming as my mother and her partner have residency. I saw theres visas for families but most of them just say partner and not direct relative for some reason?

I know I can get a second year visa but that requires 3 months regional work and in all honestly spiders freak the hell out of me and my fiance is not exactly abled for it.

Your mother may be able to sponsor you if you have the right qualifications and experience. I'm guessing due to your age that you don't so this won't be an option.

Being here a year will be irrelevant to an application for permanent residency. A person can apply for permanent residency without setting foot in Australia.

Without doing 3 months regional work you're really only giving yourself a year in Australia with very few options to extend it.
    On a side note spiders live in the cities too. I found a redback in my bin last week when I was bringing out the rubbish. A few inches to the left and I might've been bitten.

Try the visa wizard on the immigration website to check out your options.

Advertisement