Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pressure washer required-aldi 2200kw, lidly 2100w or different unit?

Options
  • 22-04-2018 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Hi9 folks, looking to buy a good pressure washer to clean car and walls/path around house...any suggestions? I see lidl are selling a 2100 kw for €99 and aldi selling A 2100KW washer for €99. any opinions/thought advice from anyone on whether they are any good and which is the best ? who makes them also?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check out Nilfisk power washers, a load of people on the motors forum have them and they’re very well regarded, mine is around 8 years old and is good as new. Some of the Lidl/Aldi ones can be good, but it’s a bit of a gamble IMO.

The Nilfisk won’t give you the same bang for buck, but even a C110 would be plenty for regular use.
    Also- I’d be measuring them on litres per hour or pressure (bar) rather than how much electricity they consume (which is all the wattage really tells you)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I purchased the Aldi unit a few weeks ago, find it really good so far, mainly use it for cars & cleaned paths with it yesterday and it did a great job on them. The brand name is "Workzone". I had been looking at buying a K2 or K4 from the Karcher outlet. The Aldi machine has a higher pressure than those units (per the specs). I found that the rotating brush wasn't particularly good, but other than that I'm really happy with it. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭rn

I have aldi one 3 years and dad has lidl one from about 10 years ago. Both going well. On power washers, it's not so much the wattage, but the pressure it produces.

The aldi one I have is a good bit better than dad's lidl one. Bear in mind lidl might have updated their since. Both are 110 bar I think. However my aldi one has one extra wide spray attachment. The electric cable and hose are significantly longer on the aldi one. And the aldi one is way lighter. Both are fine for cleaning cars and light dirt.

For patios and walls that could do with a great clean, there's no substitute for a quality petrol power washer. I rented a Honda one last year. It operates at 180bar I think and its amazing the difference. Old concrete looks like new. This year I just "topped" up the patio with the aldi one

THANKS, WHERE DO YOU GET THE NILFISK WASHERS AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY ROUGHLY?

• Advertisement

Seamu$ wrote: »
    I purchased the Aldi unit a few weeks ago, find it really good so far, mainly use it for cars & cleaned paths with it yesterday and it did a great job on them. The brand name is "Workzone". I had been looking at buying a K2 or K4 from the Karcher outlet. The Aldi machine has a higher pressure than those units (per the specs). I found that the rotating brush wasn't particularly good, but other than that I'm really happy with it. Hope that helps.
    rn wrote: »
    I have aldi one 3 years and dad has lidl one from about 10 years ago. Both going well. On power washers, it's not so much the wattage, but the pressure it produces.

The aldi one I have is a good bit better than dad's lidl one. Bear in mind lidl might have updated their since. Both are 110 bar I think. However my aldi one has one extra wide spray attachment. The electric cable and hose are significantly longer on the aldi one. And the aldi one is way lighter. Both are fine for cleaning cars and light dirt.

For patios and walls that could do with a great clean, there's no substitute for a quality petrol power washer. I rented a Honda one last year. It operates at 180bar I think and its amazing the difference. Old concrete looks like new. This year I just "topped" up the patio with the aldi one

SOUNDS LIKE THE ALDI WAHER GETS THE BETTER VOTE SO WHEN IT COMES TO THE GERMANS RETAILERS..THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's talk all the Parkside stuff Lidl sell is made by Bosch in Germany, not sure if thats ever been officially confirmed or not. I'm sure Bosch won't confirm it anyway, or people wouldn't buy their stuff.

I too own a Nilfisk washer, just one of the small £50 ones from Amazon. Going strong after about 5 or 6 years.

Einhell definately make some Parkside power tools. They also make some Workzone ones for Aldi too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have a Nilfisk c110 which I picked up after the Lidl parkside one I had burnt out. Not quite as strong but I inherited both so had no choice. I'll probably upgrade to a stronger Nilfisk

TopPart motor factors sell the Nilfisk stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i got a karcher K2 for €75 in homebase a few years back and it's still going strong, may be worth keeping an eye out for similar offers. i'm wary about using it too much on concrete, is there any concern with eroding the top layer of concrete away? i've seen a few patios made from concrete slabs which look very rough after several years of powerhosing.

• Advertisement

The Nilfisk ones are often on offer on Amazon.

alot of great advice thanks. Im really interested in Nilfisk now after readin all the good reviews..

Advertisement