Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clermont Carn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

The Cush wrote: »
    castle2012 wrote: »
    That's all really interesting. If receiving from clermount Carn and from the freeview lite transmitter in killkeel. Will there be changes to killkeel frequency's to? There currently on 39 HD, 42 and 45 SD

Kilkeel V 400W

BBC A UHF45 --> UHF40 (Sept 2019)
    D3&4 UHF42 --> UHF43 (Sept 2019)
    BBC B HD UHF39 --> UHF46 (Sept 2019)

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/BT34+4LB/Mourne+Park/0/NA
    Thanks for that. Looks straight forward enough but with all been crambed together we will have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Many will also be kissing goodbye to Kilkeel and Camlough from Castlebellingham southwards unless they are run as an SFN (which is unlikely as there is no overlap within nI) - this is becoming quite a mess

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Many will also be kissing goodbye to Kilkeel and Camlough from Castlebellingham southwards unless they are run as an SFN (which is unlikely as there is no overlap within nI) - this is becoming quite a mess
    Why who else would be on the same frequency

If I followed things correctly, both Camlough and Kilkeel will share the exact same channels post switch - they both blow into the southern half of County Louth. It will all get very very messy, and I doubt there will be sync between the TX's

If I followed things correctly, both Camlough and Kilkeel will share the exact same channels post switch - they both blow into the southern half of County Louth. It will all get very very messy, and I doubt there will be sync between the TX's
    That's a pity. For me Can't get Camlough in East meath so hopefully we will be ok

• Advertisement

most of the affected areas should get Divis, with the exception of 29

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Peddyr

Just putting together a little guide for those whom have Freeview/Saorview setups for aerials aimed at Divis & Black Mountain and Clermont Carn...

Today

Divis/Black Mountain: 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 33, 34, 39
    Clermont Carn: 52, 56

Frequency change, September 2019

Divis/Black Mountain: 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, 33, 36, 51, 60
    Clermont Carn: 42, 45,
    52, 56

Final 700MHz clearance, March 2020

Divis/Black Mountain: 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, 33, 36, 55, 56
    Clermont Carn: 42, 45

2022 and beyond

Divis/Black Mountain: 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, 33, 36
    Clermont Carn: 42, 45

Freeview PSB1-3 - Freeview COM4-6 - Freeview COM7/8 - Freeview RNI_1 - Freeview LTV - Saorview - Saorview (temp)

* September 2019 - Divis COM6 moves from E29 to E30, Divis LTV moves from E30 to E36, Divis COM7/8 moves from E33 & E34 to E51 & E60 (temp), Black Mountain RNI_1 moves from E39 to E33, Clermont Carn begins dual transmissions on E42 & E45 alongside E52 & E56.

* March 2020 - Divis COM7/8 moves from E51 & E60 to E55 & E56, Clermont Carn switches off E52 & E56.

* 2022 onwards - Divis COM 7/8 on E55 & E56 switched off

^ In September 2019 frequency changes there are a number of maximum ERP changes also - Divis LTV from 5kW to 10kW, Black Mountain from 2kW to 3.2kW, Divis COM6/7/8 remain at previous power levels.

^ In March 2020 frequency changes there is also another maximum ERP change - Divis COM7/8 go from 12.4kW & 12.66 kW respectively to 8.913kW for both.

*** In the UK 700MHz clearance the frequency shuffles have so far placed COM7/8 to E55 & E56 at all present sites as a national SFN, however this will not be possible at Divis straight away because of the temp dual transmissions at Clermont Carn using E56, so E51 & E60 are temp frequencies until E56 is switched off at Clermont Carn in March 2020.

*** In common with all Saorview TX sites that are having frequency changes in this period, Clermont Carn's "old" and "new" pair of frequencies will both be transmitted for a six month period to facilitate viewers requiring retuning and/or aerial changes.

*** Freeview COM7/8 will close down no later than at some point in 2022. The frequencies used (E55 & E56) are intended to be made available in the UK for supplementary download bandwidth for 4G and 5G devices through carrier aggregation (LTE Band 67) in the duplex gap of the 700MHz European FDD band (LTE Band 28) (700MHz European FDD band is the same as that for the Asia-Pacific & Latin America area except that the top 12-15MHz of each duplex is not usable because of overlap with LTE Band 20 i.e. the European 800MHz "Digital Dividend" band).

So, what's the best aerial(s) to get post 2022 and beyond for Divis/BM/CC? From my current position on the west coast of Mann, I'm using a vertically polorised C/D pointed at CC which is also pulling in Divis & BM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

My signal quality from CC Ch. 56 has dropped last few days. Ch. 52 is unaffected. Anyone any ideas what is happening?

Signal on Ch. 56 still much reduced from before. This mux carries both RTE1 HD and RTE1+1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Signal on Ch. 56 still much reduced from before. This mux carries both RTE1 HD and RTE1+1.

I'd suspect the offender is a UK COM8 multiplex transmission on E56 from a site or even multiple sites in Britain that is raising the noise floor on that frequency locally.

• Advertisement

I'd suspect the offender is a UK COM8 multiplex transmission on E56 from a site or even multiple sites in Britain that is raising the noise floor on that frequency locally.

Any idea which site or sits out of interest?

Is COM8 on Divis moved to CH56 - the one that contains freesports (used to be on 34)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Is COM8 on Divis moved to CH56 - the one that contains freesports (used to be on 34)

It's still on 34, & supposed to be moving to 60 later this year. (With COM7 going to 51.)

They're only switching to 55 & 56 after our own transmitters have cleared that band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The plan for Divis - http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/BT2+8HQ/NA/0/NA

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

I was getting break-up on Ch56 for a LONG time Everything else was fine, including freeview from Kilkeel.
    A 4G LTE filter cured the problem.
    A brand new TV had been unaffected, it was only an older model that had the trouble.

I was getting break-up on Ch56 for a LONG time Everything else was fine, including freeview from Kilkeel.
    A 4G LTE filter cured the problem.
    A brand new TV had been unaffected, it was only an older model that had the trouble.

AFAIK no 4G problems in N. Ireland but Ch. 56 much lower in signal quality than Ch 52. This has only happened in last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

AFAIK no 4G problems in N. Ireland but Ch. 56 much lower in signal quality than Ch 52. This has only happened in last few months.

TAFKAlawhec's post a bit further up mentions interference from one or multi UK sites as the COM 7/8 muxes are temporarily parked in the cleared 700MHz duplex gap (UHF 55/56).

The Cush wrote: »
    TAFKAlawhec's post a bit further up mentions interference from one or multi UK sites as the COM 7/8 muxes are temporarily parked in the cleared 700MHz duplex gap (UHF 55/56).

Thanks for this as it seems the best explanation for interference here in NI on Ch 56 and not on Ch 52.

Advertisement