Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No mobile data during call

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Only American handsets on American networks have this issue. Yours should work fine.

Call 1901 and then take a screenshot to see what network mode you're operating in. 

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

ED E wrote: »
    Only American handsets on American networks have this issue. Yours should work fine.

Call 1901 and then take a screenshot to see what network mode you're operating in. 

I rang Eir and was told that it's a handset issue. I knew that couldn't be right so looked into it before posting here.
    It happens no matter what mode I'm on, E, 3g, H+ or 4g. The mode indicator disappears as soon as the call starts and I'm left with just the signal strength indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

unhappyBB wrote: »
    I rang Eir and was told that it's a handset issue. I knew that couldn't be right so looked into it before posting here.
    It happens no matter what mode I'm on, E, 3g, H+ or 4g. The mode indicator disappears as soon as the call starts and I'm left with just the signal strength indicator.

I switched from Three to Eir last week and I’m experiencing the exact same problem, it was never a issue while I was with Three. I need to be able to receive messages/emails while I’m on phone calls so if Eir can’t resolve it, I’ll be moving again.

Edit: I’m using an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

3 times I’ve rang eir support it’s always been a handset issue according to them. It was always an issue on their end

heroics wrote: »
    3 times I’ve rang eir support it’s always been a handset issue according to them. It was always an issue on their end

Did they ever fix the issue for you?

• Advertisement

They did eventually. it was problems with wifi calling (twice) and also with the eir sports app. But it took plenty of calls and eventually getting through to the right person. 

For the eir sports app one I had an email thread for 4 months and calls every couple of weeks and no one could fix it. First it was my device was the problem (iphone 8), then they said it was with developers as there was a bug, Then one day I got onto a guy who said hold on I've seen that before. Did something on his end, I restarted phone and app worked and has done since.  

Same kind of thing with wifi calling. Seems to really depend on who you get on the phone as to the level of support that you get.

I just checked this morning. At my desk I have 4g, when someone called me I had 3G and could access web pages while on the phone. Iphone 8 and ios 11.3 so looks like it should work. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

They did eventually. it was problems with wifi calling (twice) and also with the eir sports app. But it took plenty of calls and eventually getting through to the right person. 

For the eir sports app one I had an email thread for 4 months and calls every couple of weeks and no one could fix it. First it was my device was the problem (iphone 8), then they said it was with developers as there was a bug, Then one day I got onto a guy who said hold on I've seen that before. Did something on his end, I restarted phone and app worked and has done since.  

Same kind of thing with wifi calling. Seems to really depend on who you get on the phone as to the level of support that you get.
    I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

What about my issue? You know, the reason I started the thread?

My issue remains unresolved also.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Thomas

What about my issue? You know, the reason I started the thread?
    In order to have this resolved, you will have to contact our support team on 1901. They can investigate this further and provide clarity on the issue.

Thanks

Thomas

I tried calling 1901, I input my correct mobile number and I was told by the automated message that my account couldn’t be found. There was no option to speak to an operator so I was unable to have my query addressed.

In order to have this resolved, you will have to contact our support team on 1901. They can investigate this further and provide clarity on the issue.

Thanks

Thomas
    I already have. They told me they think it could be a handset issue. This is incorrect as the phone is capable of simultaneously using data and voice. I had this issue with my last phone also, a Galaxy S7, so the problem must be on your side. I started the thread to see if you could push for a proper resolution instead of just being fobbed off.

(@TheFortField - I got through by calling 1905)

Thanks

Thomas
    I already have. They told me they think it could be a handset issue. This is incorrect as the phone is capable of simultaneously using data and voice. I had this issue with my last phone also, a Galaxy S7, so the problem must be on your side. I started the thread to see if you could push for a proper resolution instead of just being fobbed off.

(@TheFortField - I got through by calling 1905)
    I cannot process any troubleshooting through this channel. In order to have this investigated further the only option would be to contact our support team. 

Thanks

Thomas

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I have no issue doing this on VF with my Galaxy S8, I will try my Eir sim tonight and see if that works or doesnt.

Apologies for dragging up this issue again but I'm wondering if the OP has managed to get the issue resolved. I've raised the issue with Eir's technical support people but I didn't get anywhere. 

I was always able to access the internet/receive emails while on a call when I was with a previous provider. I only started to have a problem when I moved to Eir a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I have the same problem.  Using an iPhone 7 Plus.  With 3 before, data during a voice call was fine.  With eir, data stops when on a call.

Advertisement