Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Hdjsjsjsj wrote: »
    Whoever designed that is a madman. It hurts to look at

New money, no taste, just spent a fortune believing that elevated their social status. It's a well travelled path unfortunately.

Looks like someone decided to make a life-size dolls house. Zero comfort considered, looks sterile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

New money, no taste, just spent a fortune believing that elevated their social status. It's a well travelled path unfortunately.

If Patrick the pipe bomber hadn't shot Nidge, Trish would have loved that place.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's absolutely hideous. Just shows money can't buy class! The utility room is cute though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

There is literally not one piece of furniture or decor in that house that isn't hideous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

One thing (one thing? one of the things) that bothers me about that house is the bar chairs in the kitchen. How do you sit on one of those? You have to move it away from the counter to get onto it, but then you are too high to hotch it forward so you can't reach your breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Fritzbox

The way the unit and window line up but are out of kilter with the tiles annoys me more than it should.

ZmE5NGRjYzhlZTk2MTk3YTc1MTQ3OThhNDg2MTUzNzR_ixz0ChWA5UJq8SEbdNg2aHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzMvZi8zZmZlNTRlZjMyMTFmZjExYmQ3MTkxYTEzZGQ4ZDkyNi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

I actually like the tiles - they look cool and understated to me.

The best solution to that off-centre cupboard unit would be to simply remove it, there seems to be enough storage space in that bathroom (or is it just a WC) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

One thing a lot of these massive houses have is a drawing room. What the hell is a drawing room meant to be for?

It’s an old fashioned description & also an abbreviation of withdrawing room.
    In big houses, after dinner the men drank port & smoked cigars. Ladies didn’t participate in this part of the evening & so they withdrew to another room to chat amongst themselves. Or so I’ve been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Baybay wrote: »
    It’s an old fashioned description & also an abbreviation of withdrawing room.
    In big houses, after dinner the men drank port & smoked cigars. Ladies didn’t participate in this part of the evening & so they withdrew to another room to chat amongst themselves. Or so I’ve been told.

Yes, there was a 'smoking room' for the men where they could discuss the affairs of the day without interruption. Women went to the drawing room, which was a form of living room. Women knew their limits back then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Looks like someone decided to make a life-size dolls house. Zero comfort considered, looks sterile.

Usually when I look at the houses here, I'm thinking well if you took out all the 'stuff' and I can kind of picture it iykwim.
    But that's so fussy, I can't even do that*.

(*Not that I would be buying a house worth millions just now... :D or ever.)

Well done to those who find houses for the thread, btw.
    It's a very entertaining thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Usually when I look at the houses here, I'm thinking well if you took out all the 'stuff' and I can kind of picture it iykwim.
    But that's so fussy, I can't even do that*.

(*Not that I would be buying a house worth millions just now... :D or ever.)

Well done to those who find houses for the thread, btw.
    It's a very entertaining thread.

I agree. The house I am living in at the moment is not great so it makes me feel good to look at something worse.

Fritzbox wrote: »

The best solution to that off-centre cupboard unit would be to simply remove it, there seems to be enough storage space in that bathroom (or is it just a WC) anyway.
    Removing that cabinet would improve the look, I think the bath is to the left behind those panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Fritzbox

Removing that cabinet would improve the look, I think the bath is to the left behind those panels.

Actually looking at that photo closer, your right. Strange I couldn't see it.

Actually looking at that photo closer, you're right. Strange I couldn't see it.
    It's the strange "child view" camera angle that makes it almost invisible.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I agree. The house I am living in at the moment is not great so it makes me feel good to look at something worse.

That wasn't what I meant.

My house would fit many times over into that one in Malahide :D so it's entertaining just to look at, for me.
    When I win the euro millions I won't buy it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

My house would fit many times over into that one in Malahide :D so it's entertaining just to look at, for me.

Will you buy it for me please. I will pay you back a euro a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

You’d need another 2.3 mill to bring it to a non Nidge//Trish tack level.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

This doesn't really fit here I guess but anyway. I don't know if it's the same place that keeps popping up on daft or if it's the thing to do if you have a place along the canal but the inclusion of random images of swans is bizarre.

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-camden-street-dublin-2/2954100

Edit: I see that it's on Camden street so even more bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

sterz wrote: »
    This doesn't really fit here I guess but anyway. I don't know if it's the same place that keeps popping up on daft or if it's the thing to do if you have a place along the canal but the inclusion of random images of swans is bizarre.

I guess they figured a fifth shot of the same 2-person table and chairs might hint at the shoe-box-sized nature of the place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

sterz wrote: »

Be a horrible place to live when things are back to normal. Drunk people stammering around outside at night, shouting etc

• Advertisement

mikhail wrote: »
    I guess they figured a fifth shot of the same 2-person table and chairs might hint at the shoe-box-sized nature of the place.

:D
    I was looking at the pictures, thinking is there anything else there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Kinane-Auctioneering-Limited-95521

Looks like the current inhabitants are auctioneers, maybe they just decorated the house with all the crap they couldn't sell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Hdjsjsjsj

Agreed getting rid of the cupboard would help

retalivity wrote: »
    https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Kinane-Auctioneering-Limited-95521

Looks like the current inhabitants are auctioneers, maybe they just decorated the house with all the crap they couldn't sell.

That's some top class investigating there Sir, mystery solved.

It had me bamboozled looking at the random collection of stuff.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The kitchen in that place makes me want to vomit. All the gold accents on the cupboards etc are just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That entire development (not just that house) is a monument to bad taste and new money.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

That entire development (not just that house) is a monument to bad taste and new money.
    A friend ? of mine has old money and tacky taste !

Ish66 wrote: »
    A friend ? of mine has old money and tacky taste !

There's no accounting for bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

sabat wrote: »
    A genuine medieval hovel complete with ancient vineyard and its own spring.

https://en.spitogatos.gr/property/1110709275

Air condition: No,
    Attic: No,
    Fireplace: No,
    Playroom: No,
    Secure door: No,
    Elevator: No,
    Furnished: No,
    Internal staircase: No,
    Double glass: No,
    Window screens: No,
    Painted: No,