Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

Navy blue wrote: »
    The exterior is stunning, but my god, they've removed every single original feature in it. It's a crying shame. Soulless box inside, you could be in a new build anywhere in the country.
    Assuming it is a protected structure, they probably haven't removed any original feature that wasn't already destroyed or taken out in a previous era when you were allowed to do whatever you liked.

I think it's better when people modernise the interior of old homes. A house is a living thing, not a museum (admittedly, aspects of this resemble a gallery).
    It should change to reflect the passage of time, and its new owners — at least on the inside. It's a nice surprise to see an old house like that so totally transformed. I like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Allinall wrote: »
    Fecking long walk to Stephen's Green, though.

The further the better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Allinall wrote: »
    Fecking long walk to Stephen's Green, though.

You'd get plenty of helicopter with the change :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Hell of a job to mow the lawn there, though. You wouldn't have that to worry about in the city place.

Yup, like that a lot.

For bonus points, can anyone make out the note on the rather incongruous sacred heart picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Hell of a job to mow the lawn there, though. You wouldn't have that to worry about in the city place.

That's what the help is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yup, like that a lot.

For bonus points, can anyone make out the note on the rather incongruous sacred heart picture?

"Jesus would you look at the price tag on this house!" : p
    It also has a VOID on the floor plan. I wonder if that's for flinging enemies into?

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    That's what the help is for.

And if Desperate Housewives has taught me anything, that would be the toyboy.

TXinLK wrote: »
    A bit too fancy for me,but at least there is color in the rooms.Instead of white/magnolia all over the place.

Fit for a king! Some stunning features, that entrance hall, the fireplace and ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

146c2cde-3600-4d0a-a23b-8a540f2c0de6_x.jpg

What is the point of this room?

And what in the name of god is that yoke in the front centre?

But yeah, that whole house is awful. Bad artwork, bad paint colour choice, full of actual glass furniture - even the fire guard is glass! It's like Dermot Bannon got loose in the furniture factory.

It's about the only thing in that house that isn't insane and I'm an atheist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to my mind that's a horrible house with lots of wasted space and even worse furniture.

Good location and looks well from the outside but I'd consider it poxy inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

But yeah, that whole house is awful. Bad artwork, bad paint colour choice, full of actual glass furniture - even the fire guard is glass! It's like Dermot Bannon got loose in the furniture factory.

It's not about functionality it is about aesthetic!

Not everyone wants the house functional and it to be family friendly.

While I dislike some of the house, I like the minimalism of it. No clutter!

Would I decorate differently? Of course! But that is the joy of design.... you make it your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

It should be obviously clear due to the ochre tones of the inner, that is the an expression of the warmth of the human heart beating with in a banal exterior. Either that or it is just a stained commode or common potty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

NSAman wrote: »
    It's not about functionality it is about aesthetic!

Not everyone wants the house functional and it to be family friendly.

What's the point of having a house that isn't functional? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are we sure it's not some sort of art gallery and not a house?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i wouldn't read too much into that room. It been staged by the estate agent. Only a psychopath would live with books piled like that and not even a chair next to them to read in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The large Bowll is for the car keys when 'entertaining' guests and the glass furniture is easy to wipe down after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The large Bowll is for the car keys when 'entertaining' guests and the glass furniture is easy to wipe down after.

Should've put that in the Daft ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Sardonicat wrote: »

I love glass as a medium, its is so difficult to stain or mark with bodily fluids and easy to wipe off afterwards.

As for the bowl, I imagine it is great for collecting the surplus from the enemas.

Mod? Am I going to get a warning/paddling for pushing the boundaries on this one?

SupaCat95 wrote: »
    I love glass as a medium, its is so difficult to stain or mark with bodily fluids and easy to wipe off afterwards.

As for the bowl, I imagine it is great for collecting the surplus from the enemas.

Mod? Am I going to get a warning/paddling for pushing the boundaries on this one?

I'll whip you with my pampas grass :)

• Advertisement

Maybe 'void' is a euphemism for dungeon. :D

https://ibb.co/bWqwsT6

Courtesy of Instagram "UglyIrishHouses" page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

https://ibb.co/bWqwsT6

Courtesy of Instagram "UglyIrishHouses" page.

Dafuq? Be lovely on a frosty morning ... splat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

That can't be real.

I spotted that last night on Hunbelieveable. What the feck were they thinking, one shower and that's going to look like the Guggenheim in Bilbao!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

https://royalestones.ie/categories/the-wood-effects.html

It's not this stuff is it? Saw it in Roadstone recently.

https://royalestones.ie/categories/the-wood-effects.html

It's not this stuff is it? Saw it in Roadstone recently.

That's mad,Ted. Never knew you could get that. :D

I like the idea of this, for flow from inside to outside if you've let Dermot Bannon loose in your house and have glass walls.
    Not for the house in the picture though,looks wrong for it!

It might look OK in a back yard patio area with a bbq and seating but not in someone's front driveway area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It might look OK in a back yard patio area with a bbq and seating but not in someone's front driveway area!

A small, mid-terrace front garden, not even a driveway!

It looks hideous there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What's the point of having a house that isn't functional? :confused:

Because you can!

Seriously your ideas and my ideas will always differ. Obviously this person likes the look and it is their style. Something can just “be” for the aesthetic.

If you have space that may not be functional but be for a “style”, or a “look”. When you have enough space to do it, it works. It wouldn’t work in a three bedroom-semi..with a family of five. 😀

Advertisement