Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is the swimming pool an endless one, it might be but its hard to tell from the photo. If its not an endless pool then at only 6m long you would push off, do two breast strokes and have to turn around again which is pretty pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The pool doesn't seem to have the jet unit for creating the current to swim against. And it's 6m long, which as you say is too short for doing proper swimming, but longer than most endless pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So its just a kids pool really, nice to have but they'll grow out of it. I suppose you could retrofit a jet unit to make it into an endless swimming pool. Lots of Olympic level swimmers built small 3m long pools in their back gardens when pools closed during lockdown and then added a jet unit so they could keep up their practice. I was going to do it myself but then thought I wasnt that bothered about entering the Olympics so I watched Tiger King instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

ah you can see the current in the photos, it's definitely endless

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Mullinabreena

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Same as the one here. I did some work in this house.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-summer-winds-convent-lane-portmarnock-co-dublin/3200699

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Where's the fridge in that house?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Where's the fridge in that house?

looks like this is it:

554321.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Massive house, tiny fridge. Haven't they heard about the triangle??? :rolleyes:

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Massive house, tiny fridge. Haven't they heard about the triangle??? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's as deep as the shower room :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,548 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Regarding the swimming pool wasn’t there an episode of Room tin improve and the clients put in this sort of big Hydro Pool and you could use it swim against a type of current or something but it wasn’t as big as a swimming pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Regarding the swimming pool wasn’t there an episode of Room tin improve and the clients put in this sort of big Hydro Pool and you could use it swim against a type of current or something but it wasn’t as big as a swimming pool.

That's what has been discussed above...
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is the swimming pool an endless one, it might be but its hard to tell from the photo. If its not an endless pool then at only 6m long you would push off, do two breast strokes and have to turn around again which is pretty pointless.
    Cheensbo wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Odelay

I think they tie a rope around their waist that is 1m that keeps you 1m away from the other end of the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Odelay

So its just a kids pool really, nice to have but they'll grow out of it. I suppose you could retrofit a jet unit to make it into an endless swimming pool. Lots of Olympic level swimmers built small 3m long pools in their back gardens when pools closed during lockdown and then added a jet unit so they could keep up their practice. I was going to do it myself but then thought I wasnt that bothered about entering the Olympics so I watched Tiger King instead

So for years we were told the country needed 50m pools because Olympic swimmers couldn’t train in 25m pool. But now they can train in a glorified jacuzzi in their back garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,548 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That's what has been discussed above...

I must have missed a page I was wondering why nobody mentioned it!

Sums up this thread perfectly.

A lot of money spent and yet not worth half it.

Very difficult to **** it up given the beauty of the location. A big lump of symmetry and shiny materials. Whoever is responsible should be embarassed.

No attempt made to integrate the house with the surroundings. Very much overlooking the landscape and not part of it.

I don't even want to imagine how bad the acoustics are, fairly cold too I'd imagine.

It looks fine to me. Inside I’d make it less open plan, perhaps, and a bit of a refurb.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This house belonged to Daniel O'Donnell at one time.
    He sold it in 2007.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-donegal-shore-house-cruit-lower-kincasslagh-co-donegal/3245303

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He sold it in 2007.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-donegal-shore-house-cruit-lower-kincasslagh-co-donegal/3245303

I read that as Daniel O'Connell and was very confused.

The decor wouldn't be my cup of tea but it is a fantastic looking house in a great location.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I read that as Daniel O'Connell and was very confused.

:D
    I quickly checked in case I had typed O'Connell by mistake, when I saw your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

He sold it in 2007.

Very traveller chic, but the views are amazing. It must be very bleak for most of the year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Very traveller chic, but the views are amazing. It must be very bleak for most of the year though.
    Not with a full bar and stunning company, You would be grand !

• Advertisement

I would say its more Nashville chic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I presume that the fireplace doesn't actually burn anything. No sign of a chimney.

He sold it in 2007.

Nice house, with fine views. I'd have to un-Liberace it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He sold it in 2007.

That house has been for sale 3-4 times since Daniel sold it. Nearly sure it was up for 800k 2-3 years ago.
    Its the last house before the golf course at the end of an island, pretty remote to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nice house, with fine views. I'd have to un-Liberace it though.

That decor, for "good" decor, is as bad as I've seen in a long time!

The swag curtains in the bathrooms :eek:

A fine house on a fabulous site, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Jesus, you really can smell that carpet just by looking at the photo.

That's one of the many overlooked advantages of buying a murder house - the guards rip out the old carpets for you

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Stunning location, décor is it a bit Liberace-y but for a cool mil, I'd deal with it... for a short time before the practicalities kicked in

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That decor, for "good" decor, is as bad as I've seen in a long time!

The swag curtains in the bathrooms :eek:

A fine house on a fabulous site, though.

Decor definitely not my taste, even though I haven't looked at it properly yet.

Must figure out sometime how many times my house would fit into it :D
    Eight bedrooms! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sure you'd spend your whole life hoovering :pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It looks like a waiting room in Dignitas for disappointed architects, dejected interior designers and light fitters that were given the wrong dimension drawings.

And they're all going down that stairway into hell.

51208704142_4fcd22edc5_z.jpg[

Advertisement