Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-19a-long-lane-portobello-dublin-8/3227187

Found this via Reddit.
    Another with beds in random places :rolleyes:
    0-A187-AC8-AD5-F-4-F35-A876-1316-AA09-D341.jpg

That place keeps popping its head up every so often. Either it doesn't sell at all or it is going sale agreed but keeps falling through and gets relisted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That place keeps popping its head up every so often. Either it doesn't sell at all or it is going sale agreed but keeps falling through and gets relisted.

Ah right, hadn't noticed it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wonder why...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-19a-long-lane-portobello-dublin-8/3227187

Found this via Reddit.
    Another with beds in random places :rolleyes:
    0-A187-AC8-AD5-F-4-F35-A876-1316-AA09-D341.jpg

That house would be great for smurf or a small single person...but its a tiny abode.

The bunk beds in the corridor are not a good look!
    Or is that the sitting room....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That house would be great for smurf or a small single person...but its a tiny abode.

You can also see what looks like another set of bunk beds in the first picture, through the front window.
    4951-D95-D-DA88-4-AD8-9-C9-A-13-BA9-B1-B65-DB.jpg

• Advertisement

Estate agents should be more honest and advertise them as dormitories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hell will have long since frozen over before that happens

Hell will have long since frozen over before that happens
    It already has, at least once :P
    hell-frozen-over.jpg

But having said that, honest estate agents telling the truth, are even rarer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They appear to have upped the price as well. Was 220k, and 200k before that a year or 2 back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It was an Air Bn'B for a good while. I can't remember for how much, but it was stupid money. It was built in a laneway between two houses IIRC. Been on the market for a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I think even if I walked sideways in that she'd I'd have difficulty....
    I'd need a hoist or lift to get in or out of that bed upstairs, it's probably about the right size for a leprechaun.....

That's nuts and they want €250k....

My back garden is twice the size of the over all site, my front sitting room is about the size of the whole house....

One would want to be seriously deluded or tiny to buy that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Think they were charging 100 a night on airbnb, aimed at people going on the rip on nearby camden st, which is how they are probably coming up with the mad valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Not sure if it's that particular one that is going up for sale every year or so but there is always one on that small road which is up for sale. In that general area a price like that would be very good value. but... I wonder why.... always for sale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What.Now wrote: »
    Not sure if it's that particular one that is going up for sale every year or so but there is always one on that small road which is up for sale. In that general area a price like that would be very good value. but... I wonder why.... always for sale.

It is definitely that one or at least the one that keeps appearing on this thread uses the same interior pictures as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

It is definitely that one or at least the one that keeps appearing on this thread uses the same interior pictures as that.

I have counted 25 properties up for sale on that road or off that road in the last 11 years from the Property Register, which I would imagine is a mountainous number. None seem to be for property 19A.

However it has been advertised in the past. Could it be advertised under a different address as any of the other properties have not referred to their properties as being in Portobello but this one does.

Apologies for posting it again, if it has already featured lots of times here :o

Apologies for posting it again, if it has already featured lots of times here :o

No need to apologise. I wasn't giving out or anything, just pointing out that it keeps getting re-listed. It keeps coming up on this thread for a reason. Although, technically it shouldn't be posted on this thread at all. This thread is for houses and it isn't a house, it's an alley way with a fecking roof on it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No need to apologise. I wasn't giving out or anything, just pointing out that it keeps getting re-listed. It keeps coming up on this thread for a reason. Although, technically it shouldn't be posted on this thread at all. This thread is for houses and it isn't a house, it's an alley way with a fecking roof on it. :pac:

Harry potter had better accommodation than the people living in that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,448 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The whole house is basically a corridor! I think 1.7m wide at its widest? (I went to see it years ago when it was for sale, pre-airbnb so being used as an actual house to live in. It wasn't for me :D)

I'd say it keeps getting relisted for sale, but just never actually gets sold. Maybe if they took the three-deep beds out, and neutralised it a bit they might have more success.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The place is ridiculous, I wouldn't want it - not at that price anyway - but I don't dislike the decor. If they would just take the beds out of the hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Beds in the hallway aside, they've probably done as good a job with the ridiculously small space as can be done.

looksee wrote: »
    The place is ridiculous, I wouldn't want it - not at that price anyway - but I don't dislike the decor. If they would just take the beds out of the hall.

That's not the hall, that's the sitting room!

You can also see what looks like another set of bunk beds in the first picture, through the front window.
    4951-D95-D-DA88-4-AD8-9-C9-A-13-BA9-B1-B65-DB.jpg

That, I think, is the bannister for the stairs.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

They missed a trick there so! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

No, I think the stairs has a wall between it and the front of the house.

554898.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Where is the bathroom?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

miamee wrote: »
    Where is the bathroom?!

Neighbour's house.

miamee wrote: »
    Where is the bathroom?!

I wondered the same thing. In the description it says ... 'bathroom and master bedroom on mezzanine.'

But where :D and why is there no photo of it, hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Advertisement