Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    I have a major dislike for pinewood furniture

This is probably a fashion thing. I like pinewood kitchens in their place although I’ve never had one. Modern grey kitchens will go out of style someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Not sure if this has been posted before or not:

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-athdara-stirling-bridge-clonee-co-meath/3261430

I'm not sure it's worth the asking price but there are aspects of the design I love such as the hallway.... though I'd change the handrail on the stairs.

555513.JPG

555514.JPG

555515.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-athdara-stirling-bridge-clonee-co-meath/3261430

I'm not sure it's worth the asking price but there are aspects of the design I love such as the hallway.... though I'd change the handrail on the stairs.

The fact that the house is right beside a railway track would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

BattleCorp wrote: »

Me too- hence saying I wasn't sure it was worth the asking price. I do though, like aspects of it's design. It's got some character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Me too- hence saying I wasn't sure it was worth the asking price. I do though, like aspects of it's design. It's got some character.

Wasn't a fan until i saw the rory painting in the pool room/bar, now i think the whole place is class :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That house would be great if you had a tendency to have loads of extended family staying over regularly. Other than that, I don't see any practical use for it other than a B&B

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

I love it! Has a real 60's Bond villain vibe! It's an unusual set up, but it could work for a family that had older kids still living at home. But the kitchens are pretty tiny for the size of the house which is a real drawback.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I'd guess the asking price is down to the 17 acres that comes with it.

No coincidence that the arial shot is orientated to show how close the site is to Dublin.

Whether you are planning to continue the success story of Athdara, or have an eye to the future of this land for potential development given its proximity to the motorway network, and to Dublin this property presents an extremely strong and attractive proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

On second thoughts, I really look at these big houses from my own perspective of being practical for my family, i.e. two young kids.

With that in mind, the games of hide and seek would be fcukin epic in that place

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Think of it not as a railway line, but as a future greenway :)

I'd pay extra for it, but then I grew up near a railway line and loved the sounds of trains.
    I'd run out, wave across the field and half the time the train driver would see me and give a blow of the horn.
    Train drivers can be lovely people.

For the record, that's the Sligo Dunboyne line and only has 10 21 trains a day in either direction.

• Advertisement

Yeah, not exactly Clapham junction :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Lived beside dart line for near 2 years, well actually right up.against it in an apartment.

Loved seeing and hearing the freight train and steam train.... the darts were just a wizz by... Wasn't bothered by any of it, was nicer then been beside a main road or motorway....

Seeing so many new houses pop up right along dual carriageway and motorway and just can't understand it, the noise is dreadful.

Yeah, at least with rail you know there are (long) periods of quiet between them, with main roads, it's a constant drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

josip wrote: »

I'd pay extra for it, but then I grew up near a railway line and loved the sounds of trains.
    I'd run out, wave across the field and half the time the train driver would see me and give a blow of the horn.

For the record, that's the Sligo line and only has 10 trains a day in either direction.
    Me too! I'd love to be near a train line, love the sound of trains. Once they're not running all night, I would see it as a plus. Give me the sound of trains over road noise any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

For the record, that's the Sligo line and only has 10 trains a day in either direction.

It's not the sligo line. It's the Dunboyne line isn't it? So it only has the trains that connect Dunboyne to Coolmine. The sligo line has all the arrow trains to Maynooth, so the sligo line would have more but I think the Dunboyne one is still not too many. Probably a bit more than 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The Granny's house backed onto a railway line and she got so used to the noise of the trains that if the train didn't run, she'd wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Grayson wrote: »
    It's not the sligo line. It's the Dunboyne line isn't it? So it only has the trains that connect Dunboyne to Coolmine. The sligo line has all the arrow trains to Maynooth, so the sligo line would have more but I think the Dunboyne one is still not too many. Probably a bit more than 10.

definitely the coolmine to dunboyne line. A lot more than 10 trains a day on that line.

Grayson wrote: »
    definitely the coolmine to dunboyne line. A lot more than 10 trains a day on that line.

Tx, I've corrected my post.
    21 trains Mon-Fri in each direction.

https://www.irishrail.ie/Admin/IrishRail/media/Timetable-PDF-s/Connolly-DART-timetables/14_m3_parkway-longford.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

From the first pic I thought the courtyard area was actually on the roof and thought it was a genius use of space

Lots of horse racing trophies, I thought the stairs was meant to look like a horse racing fence at first glance, but maybe it's just a quirky design

Jealous of the pool room and bar

I'd say the room with the glass at the front is roasting on a day like today!

Anybody know the owner? A jockey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fvp4 wrote: »

probably an owner. there is a set of colours hanging up in the bar but I don't recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

fvp4 wrote: »

A very quick Google and you'll satisfy your curiosity (I did, too!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"This wing is currently a work area, housing an office, a bar and a trophy room. This latter is in good use by the present extremely successful owners."

:D
    They're considerably richer than me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭wassie

The Granny's house backed onto a railway line and she got so used to the noise of the trains that if the train didn't run, she'd wake up.

Haven't you seen Gremlins......Granny no longer lives at this house.

deagle2c.gif?w=599&h=328

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

What’s going going on here?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-soppagh-muff-co-donegal/3278319

Repossession, and former owners stripped the place?

hurikane wrote: »

Even for Muff, that's very bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

hurikane wrote: »

Just unfinished I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just unfinished I'd say

Eh ???? It's been stripped big time

How is there dirt lines, grease lines and no paint where radiators were, jaysus....

Unfinished??!?¡!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

OK i'm stupid :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

OK i'm stupid :o

To be fair I think Punisher was a bit harsh on you.

Advertisement