Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm actually shocked and speechless they left the bathroom extractor fan.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

hurikane wrote: »
    What’s going going on here?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-soppagh-muff-co-donegal/3278319

Repossession, and former owners stripped the place?

I wonder if the stuff isn't in the similar, but newer, house next door?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They missed a few rads. Got all the lightbulbs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

hurikane wrote: »
    What’s going going on here?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-soppagh-muff-co-donegal/3278319

Repossession, and former owners stripped the place?

That was my uncle’s house. He’s moved back to Cavan. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

From the first pic I thought the courtyard area was actually on the roof and thought it was a genius use of space

Lots of horse racing trophies, I thought the stairs was meant to look like a horse racing fence at first glance, but maybe it's just a quirky design

The stairs is styled like a hay rack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I knew a Cavan lad selling a house once. So tight it nearly killed him to share photos of the place on the internet. He asked for them all back after the sale went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Tell him come back he left a bag of stuff in front of the house & he forgot his red & black ball, tell him take that too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

For €1300 a month you can get yourself a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment right in the heart of
    One of the busiest industrial estates in
    Galway city. Street view is highly recommended. From the description in the advert, the landlord looks like a joy to work with.

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-no-1-charter-house-tuam-road-co-galway/3288306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

flazio wrote: »
    For €1300 a month you can get yourself a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment right in the heart of
    Galway city. Street view is highly recommended. From the description in the advert, the landlord looks like a joy to work with.

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-no-1-charter-house-tuam-road-co-galway/3288306
    BER exempt? Why on earth is it exempt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

mikhail wrote: »

Probably because going by the location, it should be an office space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Handy spot if you're into meat and tyres though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

flazio wrote: »

"No Time wasters please.
    If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask."

"Hi, I've a question for you. Did putting 'no time wasters please' in the ad work at all in preventing people like me from contacting you with questions like this?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Probably because going by the location, it should be an office space?
    Do they not need planning permission to convert it so? Surely change of use would remove the exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Do they not need planning permission to convert it so? Surely change of use would remove the exemption.
    Quite likely given the advert has been pulled already..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

PommieBast wrote: »

For posterity it's located here.
    Galway, County Galway
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/4AahRX94mjd1i8yW6

Who wouldn't want to live in the middle of an industrial estate? Am I right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Same As

PommieBast wrote: »
    Here we go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

From the SEAI website :D
    “Exemptions"
    The following buildings do not require a BER or DEC:
    • industrial buildings not intended for extended human occupancy with a low installed heating capacity (≤10 W/m2);

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I like this one A LOT!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/hillcrest-knockmaroon-hill-chapelizod-dublin-20/4508687

Beautiful location, but the steps up to it would kill your knees. I think a driveway might be possible up the slope though. Didn't look too hard for flaws inside and there could be many, but the views, backing on to the Pheeno and very close to the city, although you could be forgiven for thinking it's in the countryside. I grew up on the opposite bank of the river in an estate of houses, and one of the houses had a canoe and a garden that went all the way down to the river. We as kids used to go back and forth in said vessel, no lifejackets or anything. Ah the days and the memories...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The apartments located beside the house likely give the clue to what this site will end up looking like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The apartments located beside the house likely give the clue to what this site will end up looking like.

I thought that too, but wouldn't they be looking for way more than €700k in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

josip wrote: »
    I thought that too, but wouldn't they be looking for way more than €700k in that case?

The price on the brochure is no more than an invitation. It'll sell for what the market will pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭KevRossi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Suckler

KevRossi wrote: »

The guaranteed daily row about being blocked in by the other residents cars would be something to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

KevRossi wrote: »

You'd be better asking in the gardening thread. Looks like buddleia on the right, elder on the left, rosebay willowherb in the front and a mixture of nettles and possibly rosebay and other things in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

looksee wrote: »
    You'd be better asking in the gardening thread. Looks like buddleia on the right, elder on the left, rosebay willowherb in the front and a mixture of nettles and possibly rosebay and other things in the background.

Are you sure they wouldn't be better off asking in the Recreational Drugs thread?

BjQWs4C.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

josip wrote: »
    Are you sure they wouldn't be better off asking in the Recreational Drugs thread?

BjQWs4C.png

Lost in a sea of green. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder was a neighbour trying out some gardening.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Wonder was a neighbour trying out some gardening.....

The egg chair looks ideal for relaxing in with a doobie. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I like this one A LOT!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/hillcrest-knockmaroon-hill-chapelizod-dublin-20/4508687

Beautiful location, but the steps up to it would kill your knees. I think a driveway might be possible up the slope though. Didn't look too hard for flaws inside and there could be many, but the views, backing on to the Pheeno and very close to the city, although you could be forgiven for thinking it's in the countryside. I grew up on the opposite bank of the river in an estate of houses, and one of the houses had a canoe and a garden that went all the way down to the river. We as kids used to go back and forth in said vessel, no lifejackets or anything. Ah the days and the memories...

I get where you're coming from, but i've always had a TOTALLY irrational dislike of bungalows. I'd never buy one, no matter where or what price.

I'd never be able to sleep with the windows open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Needs a bit of updating but my god this is just stunning. It has it's own castle on the grounds. And it's right out the road from my mam's house. I remember cycling past this house on my bike when I was a kid and it always looked so magical and secret coz you can only see the gates from the road.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-old-castle-hse-approx-4-96-acres-dungar-roscrea-co-tipperary/3287858

Advertisement