Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

215k for a house in fortlawn even without the work. **** that

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Weepsie wrote: »

If the house beside it came with it I'd look into it if I had that money but no way for what it is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭victor8600

Weepsie wrote: »

Are you not tempted to relax in the "Low maintenance rear garden"? :cool:

OWI0ZjBiYTlhMTNjOTYzZTcwMWE5NWMxODMyYjliYjb4fycIYmAYtw9vwNxNBGpXaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzYvYS82YTY2ZTI0YjljNTRkYTZkZTRmYjcyYjlmNjVlMTIyZC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think that is the two rear gardens with the fence removed

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

victor8600 wrote: »

a no maintenance rear garden surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

miamee wrote: »
    "In need of cosmetic refurbishment" - understatement of the year

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-83-fortlawn-avenue-blanchardstown-dublin-15/3422679

Sure a lick of paint, be grand. :pac:

Easy access to next door too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

God this is so grim I really pity people trying to buy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-83-fortlawn-avenue-blanchardstown-dublin-15/3422679

awful location too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh sweet jebus.... Looks like was been used for drugs, burning etc.... Then what happens if the house nextdoor doesn't sell.... How could one buy that heap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

all copper piping torn out it seems also. Big job in itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭PommieBast

victor8600 wrote: »

OWI0ZjBiYTlhMTNjOTYzZTcwMWE5NWMxODMyYjliYjb4fycIYmAYtw9vwNxNBGpXaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzYvYS82YTY2ZTI0YjljNTRkYTZkZTRmYjcyYjlmNjVlMTIyZC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp
    It it just me or does the righthand chair in the background look like it has been on fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

PommieBast wrote: »
    It it just me or does the righthand chair in the background look like it has been on fire..

Looks like the whole set has been on fire, the wall is all black behind it. Fence looks to be stolen also.

Crazy asking for that much for a shell of a house in one of the worst areas in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

that's probably what happened to the fence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

That's really sad to see. To think that someone was living like that. :(

Heard of someone who would hoard their pee in all kinds of containers all over the house they were renting, lovely mess for the landlord to clean up when they moved out.

I guess mental health issues.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 13 delldelivery

After looking at a few pictures it's clear who lived here.

i.e. someone with no respect for property, so not the owner and certainly not a tenant who was worried about getting their deposit back.

Probably someone who had a tough upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Derelict house in gormanston , 450K

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/cocks-lane-irishtown-gormanston-meath/4508681

What they don't say is that all the land is specifically zoned agricultural and stands zero chance of being re-zoned as it backs onto an army camp with an airfield where there is live fire drills done.

Airfield is not operational and maybe once/twice a year that live fire drills occur near the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

An actual blank canvass:

illustration-blank-canvas-easel_212889-3836.jpg

What an Estate Agent thinks a blank canvass is:

556641.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Aglomerado wrote: »
    that's probably what happened to the fence too.
    Fence looks like it had concrete slats rather than wood.

Fence looks like it had concrete slats rather than wood.

My garden has wooden fence panels with the exact same concrete supports. The panels slot into the grooves.

fence1_2904.jpg

Airfield is not operational and maybe once/twice a year that live fire drills occur near the beach.

Planes were doing live fire rounds from there just the other week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭wassie

What an Estate Agent thinks a blank canvass is:

I love how the ad opens with the agent being "delighted to present this three bedroom mid terraced property to the market".

I'm guessing they weren't so 'delighted' when they opened the front door to that hovel to take their happy snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Planes were doing live fire rounds from there just the other week....

The Air Corps fly out of Baldonnel and conducts air-to-ground range practice out to the sea. Last was in April I think.

The artillery also fire from the airfield out to sea. Again, this is conducted a very small number of times a year.

The aerodrome, is still not operational.

Should be no issues buying that site...except its in bits.

The Air Corps fly out of Baldonnel and conducts air-to-ground range practice out to the sea. Last was in April I think.

The artillery also fire from the airfield out to sea. Again, this is conducted a very small number of times a year.

The aerodrome, is still not operational.

Should be no issues buying that site...except its in bits.

Buying is fine, Its getting it rezoned from agricultural to Residential if bought as investment land.

Agri land is ~11k an acre in meath and that house is worthless with no real space to build further back ao say 55 k for the land and 100k for the derilict makes it ~300k overpriced IMHO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

What.Now wrote: »
    If the house beside it came with it I'd look into it if I had that money but no way for what it is at the moment.

Wishes do come true :pac: - the neighbouring house is also for sale for €219k. It's also in need of some "cosmetic refurbishment"

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/end-of-terrace-house-83a-fortlawn-avenue-blanchardstown-dublin-15/3422952

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wishes do come true :pac: - the neighbouring house is also for sale for €219k. It's also in need of some "cosmetic refurbishment"

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/end-of-terrace-house-83a-fortlawn-avenue-blanchardstown-dublin-15/3422952

If I had to pick it would be that one as space to side and can park car in rear.....

Only thing is though.... I'd rather buy something I'd feel safe living in and the area too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

That actually makes me sad 219k for a crack den in hell. I'd rather buy a house in downtown Idlib city than in fortlawn

Scoundrel wrote: »
    That actually makes me sad 219k for a crack den in hell. I'd rather buy a house in downtown Idlib city than in fortlawn

They are both a disgrace, absolutely pulled asunder either by previous inhabitants or by whoever could get in once the houses were left empty.

Streetview from happier times in 2009. The corner house is number "83A", so it seems to have been built on after the rest of the row (roof looks newer here and chimney is a different design to the rest of the houses).

556651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Streetview from happier times in 2009. The corner house is number "83A", so it seems to have been built on after the rest of the row (roof looks newer here and chimney is a different design to the rest of the houses).

I would be inclined to think that people of a nomadic nature used to live in those two houses given how they ended up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

They should have put them up for 80K just to generate any interest at all

Advertisement