Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

miamee wrote: »
    They are both a disgrace, absolutely pulled asunder either by previous inhabitants or by whoever could get in once the houses were left empty.

They look like the remnants of homes in a war zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Streetview from happier times in 2009. The corner house is number "83A", so it seems to have been built on after the rest of the row (roof looks newer here and chimney is a different design to the rest of the houses).

556651.jpg

Looked like well cared for houses there I'm assuming previous owners died or something.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

wassie wrote: »
    I love how the ad opens with the agent being "delighted to present this three bedroom mid terraced property to the market".

I'm guessing they weren't so 'delighted' when they opened the front door to that hovel to take their happy snaps.

That wording jumped out at me too. I know they always pretend to be 'delighted to present' etc, but they need to rethink when it comes to the likes of that.

It's sad to see that it was once a well looked after home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Odelay

Only thing is though.... I'd rather buy something I'd feel safe living in and the area too....

Would you consider a tank?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

victor8600 wrote: »
    Are you not tempted to relax in the "Low maintenance rear garden"? :cool:

OWI0ZjBiYTlhMTNjOTYzZTcwMWE5NWMxODMyYjliYjb4fycIYmAYtw9vwNxNBGpXaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzYvYS82YTY2ZTI0YjljNTRkYTZkZTRmYjcyYjlmNjVlMTIyZC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

:D
    It's relaxing looking alright... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

The Air Corps fly out of Baldonnel and conducts air-to-ground range practice out to the sea. Last was in April I think.

The artillery also fire from the airfield out to sea. Again, this is conducted a very small number of times a year.

The aerodrome, is still not operational.

Should be no issues buying that site...except its in bits.

I work beside it, it's a pain the the ass listing to them flying in pairs firing off the guns. However it's only about once or twice a year for a few days at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mimon wrote: »
    Heard of someone who would hoard their pee in all kinds of containers all over the house they were renting, lovely mess for the landlord to clean up when they moved out.

I guess mental health issues.

That's not too bad.
    A landlord in our block had trouble with a tenant and finally got him evicted.
    The tenant who obviously had a few issues, went "the full Bobby Sands" during his final few weeks in the apartment.
    Landlord had to remove everything and strip all the plaster work back to the blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Navy blue wrote: »
    It looks to me like there's bird sh*t on the banisters so god knows what you're dealing with once all the crap is removed.

Doesn't seem cheap either when you consider this is available 5 mins walk away, over twice the size and move in condition!

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-7-chapel-street-sligo-co-sligo/3283563

I would buy that for the outbuilding! Stunning (in its own kind of way)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

SCOL wrote: »
    I work beside it, it's a pain the the ass listing to them flying in pairs firing off the guns. However it's only about once or twice a year for a few days at a time.

Yeah it's rare enough. I was based there for 6 years, know the place well. I'd say it was more annoying when the Aer Corps operated the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

miamee wrote: »
    "In need of cosmetic refurbishment" - understatement of the year

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-83-fortlawn-avenue-blanchardstown-dublin-15/3422679

Your tradesmen would need to arrive and leave the site via chinook, none would want to park their work vehicles anywhere near the house.

• Advertisement

0-A5-DCEE8-D771-4-AAE-BB2-F-913-E75775702.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

How would you actually shut that bedroom door???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

0-A5-DCEE8-D771-4-AAE-BB2-F-913-E75775702.png

FHFSI0NI6MC309L.jpg?auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Bananaleaf wrote: »

You can't, the way i see it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Chris Martin might like it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Sure why would you bother, with the stalkery peep windows into the bedroom anyway!! *shudders*

It looks like an office or something.

And all that YELLOW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's psychedelic, probably your dream home if you yearn for the 60s and LSD.

It's also Clontarf so probably snapped up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That’s one of the weirdest places, an office converted to a residential gig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That wins hands down as one of the most bizarre things I've seen online in a long time.
    Belongs in the wtf thread!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

That yellow place looks like a mix between an illegal backstreet dentist’s waiting room and a sleep deprivation research facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

You always know you're in trouble with a place when the estate agent needs to include stock photos of the nearby dart station and the local area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

No point. There's no handle on the outside so if you did close it you couldn't get back in :pac:

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    You always know you're in trouble with a place when the estate agent needs to include stock photos of the nearby dart station and the local area.

I always think that too.

When there's sweeping views of well just about anything except the things you would really want to see, as a buyer, or tenant, it's time to worry.

That yellow place looks like a mix between an illegal backstreet dentist’s waiting room and a sleep deprivation research facility.

Exactly!

You would nearly need sunglasses to look at the photos, I can't imagine what the real thing must be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Bizarrely, the Street View camera car actually went down the side of that building in Clontarf into the private carpark at the back. (link)

As the car approached, you can see the occupant at the time trying to escape out the window.

556708.png

But within the seconds it took for the car to actually reach them, they had been caught, and you can see them standing motionless inside the bedroom as they await their punishment.

556709.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭wassie

Top Dog wrote: »
    No point. There's no handle on the outside so if you did close it you couldn't get back in

That ad has been amended. Last night it said accommodation was for for one person only. This has been removed today.

Going by this thread they could easily squeeze another king and a bunk bed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

I think it's a Japanese-style sliding door. Maybe the place was renovated by a weeaboo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mikhail wrote: »
    I think it's a Japanese-style sliding door. Maybe the place was renovated by a weeaboo.

if you look at pic 6 you can see it is a regular door.

Advertisement