Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/kilcreene-lodge-kilkenny-r95-vka4/4507479

If only I was a wealthy man. I'd set up a little craft brewery there in honour of it's former inhabitants!
    So, is this the house that you've just put on the market? ;) Nice!
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Stunning house. It looks very presidential. I'm not sure if the Nore is known for flooding but if it's stood there since the 1700's it'd probably be ok.
    It's not even on the Nore. It's the River Breagagh which feeds into the Nore nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not much space on that road for a hut plus the roof is pretty small if you wanted to get a couple of secret service snipers up there :pac:

There used to be a hut outside Berties house in Drumcondra back in the day. Famously Alan Shatter had Gardai outside his house protecting him but he wouldnt let them use his toilet. You would really have to be some special kind of d1ck to expect Gardai to be protecting you and then not even let them use the toilet.

A bit off topic...but I would be with Shatter on this one. He lived (lives?) in a modest house in Ballinteer. It is quite an intrusion to have the possibility that someone can come into the gaff at any time to use your jacks.

Not great for peaceful/private enjoyment of your home. Not sure how many residents were in his house, Missus? Adult kids? Their kids?

The toilet breaks of the guards is the business of their employers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Kerry25x wrote: »
    It's nice but I would have expected it to be nicer to be honest, bedrooms and living room look small. Thought they would have gone for something detached rather than mid terrace.

There wouldn't be many detached residences that close to the city. It's a very sought after area, I rented near there about 6 years ago and similar houses a little closer to the city centre were going for the same kind of prices even then. It's all about location!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/site-firmount-house-millicent-road-clane-co-kildare/3284244

Has this been mentioned here before? It's stunning and what a history.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/site-firmount-house-millicent-road-clane-co-kildare/3284244

eh, what?
    The sitting room/BBQ room is an extremely rare and unique room with an indoor barbeque, which was imported from South Africa and built into the wall.

• Advertisement

Money seems small for that.

eh, what?

Eh, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Eh, what?

I've been all through the pics and wasn't able to identify that feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

All the big and expensive country homes coming on the market ... the boom is back, baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Eh, what?

do you normally BBQ in your sitting room?

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    I've been all through the pics and wasn't able to identify that feature!

I thought they were indicating it had been featured already.

I'd say they've only displayed half the rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imagine the smell? You'd never get rid of it completely.

Only peasants BBQ outside :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Irish company selling South African fire boxes (‘boks’ in Afrikaans) for indoor BBQing. Seems to be a thing.

ea384bfe5eedd015830a91706ba4fc27.jpg

https://fireboks.ie/gallery/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Irish company selling South African fire boxes (‘boks’ in Afrikaans) for indoor BBQing. Seems to be a thing.
    https://fireboks.ie/gallery/

Think CJ Stander is involved with that company in some capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How the other half live.....

Some absolutely stunning mansions there.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That Kilkenny one is really nice.

All the big and expensive country homes coming on the market ... the boom is back, baby!

Or they're cashing in now.........while there's still money in the country.....

Fab house!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

bubblypop wrote: »
    Or they're cashing in now.........while there's still money in the country.....

Fab house!

Recession incoming. About 6 months out......

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Recession incoming. About 6 months out......

much closer than that ..... I am guessing september......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Kilkenny house is stunning. Though was surprised that for 3.2m all you get is 10 acres of land with it. I doubt the original estate was that small, normally these kinds of houses come with 100 acres+ so Im guessing some previous owner sliced it up and sold most of it off.

Luggala estate in Wicklow has a similar brewing history to the Kilkenny house with the Guinness family living there. It was on the market back in 2017 and it came with 5,000 acres which included a private lake, several mountains and a herd of over 100 wild deer grazing away right outside the house, you could be dining on venison all year round. Denis O'Brien was said to be interested in buying it but then his fortunes turned south. The State had the chance to buy it and make the national park it bordered even bigger but they refused it. Bono also tried to put a consortium to buy it but failed to raise enough money.

In the end a reclusive Italian Count who comes from nobility in MIlan bought it at a knockdown price, said to be around half the asking price of 28 million. He is a hedge fund owner and his other gaff is a 4,500 acre estate in Norfolk.

Count Luca Rinaldo Contardo Padulli di Vighignolo is his name, this is him in his hunting gear

Count-Luca-Rinaldo-Contardo-Padulli-di-Vighignolo-luggala-ENHANCED-320x400.jpg

And this is dinner right outside the front of his house

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa1cddb4c-6284-11e9-b696-822cbbf2340e.jpg?crop=1000%2C1500%2C625%2C0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

So, is this the house that you've just put on the market? ;) Nice!

If that was my house I'd never sell it! We are moving to Kilkenny, unfortunately our budget doesn't quite stretch to €3.25m :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That Kilkenny house is stunning. Though was surprised that for 3.2m all you get is 10 acres of land with it. I doubt the original estate was that small, normally these kinds of houses come with 100 acres+ so Im guessing some previous owner sliced it up and sold most of it off.

It's 5 mins walking distance to the centre of Kilkenny, that's one of the big advantages it has going for it. I think 10 acres is pretty impressive in an urban setting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-barrow-house-west-end-monasterevin-co-kildare/3254274

Not sure if has been mentioned, it’s not to far from me and looks like a fine house for the money.

harr wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-barrow-house-west-end-monasterevin-co-kildare/3254274

Not sure if has been mentioned, it’s not to far from me and looks like a fine house for the money.

Ridiculous price. Love pic 4 :eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

What a house, love the library room

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder when the Irish will wake up to these hedge funds etc buying everything......

On a side not all this does give me a giggle....

Tiz a fine barn but tiz no pool tinglish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

harr wrote: »

That price has to be way off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

If that was my house I'd never sell it! We are moving to Kilkenny, unfortunately our budget doesn't quite stretch to €3.25m :(

A lovely part of the country, Kilkenny. I don't live there, but often thought I would like to.

• Advertisement

If it sells for €100k.

This is not likely.

Not likely in the sense that the Virgin Mary will appear before Jeffrey Donaldson and proclaim him 'a very naughty boy' live on The View or England winning the Euros.

The second one became a bit more likely today...

Advertisement