Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭wassie

Larsso30 wrote: »
    What a house, love the library room

You mean the Oval Office.

The second one became a bit more likely today...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Just seen this house in Leitrim

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-beagh-dromahair-co-leitrim/3411961

Is it just me or this sound extremely dodgy?

Also included in the sale are all the new appliances in the cottage ie. cooker, fridge, TV, also included are some tools, electric equipment, 20ft steel shipping container, caravan , 4x Seater Golf cart , trailers, Land Rover jeep, VW Toureg 2006 diesel , Toyota RAV 4 2005 petrol, Suzuki Jimny , Ford Transit Tipper truck 2005 diesel, 6 Ton Bedford Dumper diesel , 3 Ton Nissan Mini Excavator / Digger Diesel

dmn22 wrote: »

Also included in the sale are all the new appliances in the cottage ie. cooker, fridge, TV, also included are some tools, electric equipment, 20ft steel shipping container, caravan , 4x Seater Golf cart , trailers, Land Rover jeep, VW Toureg 2006 diesel , Toyota RAV 4 2005 petrol, Suzuki Jimny , Ford Transit Tipper truck 2005 diesel, 6 Ton Bedford Dumper diesel , 3 Ton Nissan Mini Excavator / Digger Diesel

All for 55k. How much is the digger worth?

How did they get planning permission for that?

Part of me likes it though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

"Stone cottage build in 1840"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Someone trying to get away very, very quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

All for 55k. How much is the digger worth?

Part of me likes it though !

Wouldn't have needed planning since there was an existing house on it I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its on half an acre with only a right of way through a forest. Its almost impossible to imagine how remote it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭KevRossi

This is the entrance to that house, taken in 2011 and they've put some sort of laneway in since then. https://www.google.com/maps/@54.1729295,-8.2319881,3a,75y,241h,86.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1JiKKfQeQVMHZGtQLQC3YA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I wouldn't touch it. Surrounded by forest. No light, no birds, no noise. Then when they cut it all down you're exposed to the elements, you're totally at the mercy of whoever owns that forestry. Very wet land too.

I know the area a bit as I often cycled over the Arigna's. There's a fair few untarred roads up there, just gravel. Mad spot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

L1011 wrote: »
    Someone trying to get away very, very quickly?

The ad reads like that, he has got a half renovated cottage, a pick up truck, a 3 ton digger, a shipping container and a gaggle of cars and jeeps for sale.

Its kind of like the opening monologue of a low budget Irish movie where the lead actor is down on his luck but eventually wins big in Vegas and covers his losses from Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

17K for a grave! No chance, they can incinerate me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

If some of the landlords here are anything to go by, we’ll have people sub-dividing a couple of feet at the end of their granny’s grave, and offer vertical burials.

“We are delighted to offer this 0.5x1 metre burial meadow in an exclusive cemetery that people are literally dying to get into. Would suit an anorexic dwarf or professional contortionist.”

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A very unusual property, an old train station, including the signal cabin and goods sheds.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/ballinlough-station-ballinlough-co-roscommon/4511817

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

dmn22 wrote: »

"100% of the grid cottage"

I'd say so too with Ber.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Tabnabs wrote: »
    A very unusual property, an old train station, including the signal cabin and goods sheds.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/ballinlough-station-ballinlough-co-roscommon/4511817

That could be so pretty again.

"100% of the grid cottage"

I'm still trying to work out which grid its 100% of?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Gorgeous location. The cottage could be amazing with a little work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rossi IRL wrote: »

It is sold, to one of the Stripe brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Rossi IRL wrote: »

To one of the Collison brothers I read.
    Do you think he'll live in it?

I think it might be a philanthropic venture

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    To one of the Collison brothers I read.
    Do you think he'll live in it?

I think it might be a philanthropic venture

Fair play to him whatever he decides. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

On the subject of beautiful houses none of us can afford :pac: Wells House & Gardens in Wexford for €4.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

This is what 1600 a month can get you in Dublin city.

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/studio-apartment-3-avondale-road-phibsborough-dublin-7/3433165

Boils my blood reading muck like this

"REDMOND PROEPRTY GROUP are delighted to bring this Studio apartment in 3a Avondale Road to the letting market.

3a presents itself in pristine condition with open plan living, one bedroom, kitchen area and separate bathroom."

Some example photos incase it gets taken down, or god forbid, rented.

ODg0MWIxM2UzZWMxYTE3MDI4ODJhOGJkOGQxNjYwNjayH0yBeAc1pu0rYHVVKs4jaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2IvMi9iMjJiZjE3MDhhNTdiODZkZDgzNjYzZjBhNTY2ZDllNi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

MDM4ZDlkZGQwZGZlMjdlMmI0NTdjOWM1MWVkYzZiZTG5bVtconDp7APzGCfZEiDWaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzQvNS80NTMwYzIzNDY4YWM0MDQ3NWRiY2RlNDk2YjE2NzQwNS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

MmE0ZTM3YjE0NDIzNWIxZDA0N2I2NDdiZDAyYWYwYmZKTpqgadve8gpC5WUkTw_AaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzkvNC85NDVlMjI2ZWFiZTg2ZDVjYTRkZjljM2QxMWE2Y2E0NS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

OTliZTk0MmI2NDFjM2U2ZTRiMGQ0Y2E1MDJiYWZlMWa8PqmhZWVckW-Ggnl64e_LaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzkvNS85NWYzN2I4YWU1ZjJiOTgyOWY4MGUxNmY1MmYxNTBiMS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

ZmViZWFkNTBkMGNlNGRkOTIyZGQxMTgxMGEwOGExY2MM68PdYdEl-1bfNAp02euuaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzkvMy85Mzc4ZjJmOTNlMmRiZTZmM2VlYzJhNWQyZWQ2NTA5Yi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

MTBhY2JiOWNhZjc5NGM4NGIzNDk0ZjU5OGQyMzcwOWQZ4lPatoWPwJh1D2mTRf07aHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2UvZS9lZWUzYWQwZGY1MmFjNDZlOWE5Mjk0N2YxZDY2NjI0NC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's gone nuts. Nothing wrong with the property below, I've mentioned it to illustrate a point:

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-the-new-hardwicke-church-street-dublin-7/3424989

I rented a one bedroom apartment in the same complex with my missus about 10 years ago for €700pm. Things have gotten out of hand. I don't know how anyone on a regular wage who has to rent is supposed to manage.

Those grand houses are lovely to look at and admire, but I would not feel the least desire to live in one of them. I live rural so I have a decent sized house for a price you would not get an apartment in Dublin, and its perfect size, feels like my kind of scale.

looksee wrote: »
    Those grand houses are lovely to look at and admire, but I would not feel the least desire to live in one of them. I live rural so I have a decent sized house for a price you would not get an apartment in Dublin, and its perfect size, feels like my kind of scale.

How many multi-millionaires, or even billionaires live in a four bed bungalow on a half acre (or a three bed semi-d) though? If you have a very large pot of cash, then you live in a house/home that reflects that. Their perspective is very different to the average working Joe. Even when they 'downsize' it's to a spacious and very well appointed "cottage" or penthouse apartment.

The world would be a boring place if we all shred the same modest outlook.

I wouldn't argue with that at all, and if anyone wants to live in a huge place, that's up to them provided they can afford it. Those elegant rooms don't, for me. invite you to sit and relax, or do anything beyond maybe read a book. And to me they take your independence away - you could not maintain one of them without a staff of people to help, which puts a whole different complexion on them. I have lived in a house with staff and tbh I would rather do my own thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

looksee wrote: »

I was thinking g the same, sure these lads would need to employ a team of people to keep the place ticking over as well. It would be more like staying in a private hotel. I can't see the collisons breaking out the Dyson to clean abbeyleix Manor anyway

Advertisement