Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Speedsie wrote: »
    There's a couple of pegs with clothes hangers.... I suspect that's the 'wardrobe'

https://imgur.com/a/YHpM6pv

How could I have missed that lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In a house like that, it's called a hound, not a dog :)

House like that has notions not hounds ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Here's another monstrosity, complete with limestone "Constellations" (I think they meant crenellations)!!!!

Vile pastiche but the interior is lovely.

https://www.daft.ie/clare/houses-for-sale/newmarket-on-fergus/kells-urlanmore-newmarket-on-fergus-clare-1602244/

Complete with own Caravaggio....

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

gozunda wrote: »
    Image of the 'studio' to rent from the outside for posterity ...

2jykd8.jpg

I really hope the neighbours complain and they end up getting a huge fine. But realistically instead they'll list it on Airbnb as a 'unique, once in a lifetime treehouse-esque living experience' and make a small fortune from short-term lets without even a telling off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Extension cant exceed 40 sqm and can not be higher that the original building.
    I think they knew exactly what they were doing regulation wise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    I really hope the neighbours complain and they end up getting a huge fine. But realistically instead they'll list it on Airbnb as a 'unique, once in a lifetime treehouse-esque living experience' and make a small fortune from short-term lets without even a telling off.

It's not even near a tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

As an airbnb i've no major issue with it tbh, stayed in worse :pac:

inforfun wrote: »

I don't think that planning exception applies here because it's only for extensions made behind the house whereas this studio is in the side passage. Also I believe this would apply to this situation:
    Garages or sheds to the side of the house must match the finish of the house and may not be lived in or used for commercial purposes
    (for the extension to qualify for a development not requiring planning permission)

So they didn't get planning and it looks like it would be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah when it's on the streetscape like that, not a chance you'd get away with it. Hopefully they get a tear-down order.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Here's another monstrosity, complete with limestone "Constellations" (I think they meant crenellations)!!!!

https://www.daft.ie/clare/houses-for-sale/newmarket-on-fergus/kells-urlanmore-newmarket-on-fergus-clare-1602244/

Jesus that's ugly. What kind of person would design/build that?

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Yes, permitted development, assuming they havn't already extended at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

2jykd8.jpg

Greed and exploitation of the highest order.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

oGRE3gY.png

If the building inspector asks, it's not a room. It's a window box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Aglomerado wrote: »

Horrendous. And feckin chairs/sofas everywhere. A knackers castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Horrendous. And feckin chairs/sofas everywhere. A knackers castle.
    It's last year's powder blue faux-leather 3-piece suite liberally distrubuted around the bedrooms that particularly caught my eye!

Would they not just have sold it/given it away? :confused:

2jykd8.jpg
    Some before and after shots as well.
    5qFshM1
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5qFshM1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's not even near a tree!
    It's made of tree.

Some before and after shots as well.
    5qFshM1
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5qFshM1

Where did those pictures come from? Angry neighbour or the owners themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

How has none of their neighbours objected or lodged a complaint to the Council??? :confused: People have done it for a lot less....

If that property protestor crowd want to protest something, they should call around to this place for a cup of tea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The one and only comment:

How long did it take you to get a code variance and building permit to put that within the right of way like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The one and only comment:

Shortly followed by this quote
    How many dick's did he suck is the real question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not even the landlord ripping people off, strange that people choose to live like this

Dp0wNaLWoAEz8DJ.jpg

Not even the landlord ripping people off, strange that people choose to live like this

Dp0wNaLWoAEz8DJ.jpg

Dp0wQXWXgAA5yrD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

RasTa wrote: »

I don't think people do choose to live that way at all, I think Forced is more to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

1 girl having her own room is the one ripping people off ;)

All nice people except her tbh.

There are things that we are not aware of with oversea students on budget, overstaying immigrants etc who will do anything to have a place to stay.

Then you have leeches like that girl who abuse the system, lives rent free and pretends to be a nice girl. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

wonski wrote: »

There are things that we are not aware of with oversea students on budget, overstaying immigrants etc who will do anything to have a place to stay.

Then you have leeches like that girl who abuse the system, lives rent free and pretends to be a nice girl. Lol.

Reminds me of this thread...

How do you know that the person with their own room isn't paying more? You'd be very lucky to get a 2-bed in Dublin for 5x€260 so it would make sense if one person is paying more than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    How do you know that the person with their own room isn't paying more? You'd be very lucky to get a 2-bed in Dublin for 5x€260 so it would make sense if one person is paying more than the rest.

Let's just call it a hunch, and that particular property doesn't look great either, so I would say it is at the cheapest end. The very cheapest end.
    And who said there are 2 bedrooms?

Is there a sitting room provided? I doubt it. You pay for a shared bed.

"Landlady" is making sure the others pay her share, but she did provide a pillow and duvet which you have to pay 20 euro for :)

Is there a sitting room provided?

I assumed so given the first picture on the ad appears to be the living room, then if there's two other rooms it must be at least a 2-bed.

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    I don't think people do choose to live that way at all, I think Forced is more to the point.

Dunno about forced. Person staying there has decided to let someone sleep in their bed, tis mental.
    Let's just call it a hunch, and that particular property doesn't look great either, so I would say it is at the cheapest end. The very cheapest end.
    And who said there are 2 bedrooms?

Is there a sitting room provided? I doubt it. You pay for a shared bed.

"Landlady" is making sure the others pay her share, but she did provide a pillow and duvet which you have to pay 20 euro for :)

Pretty silly hunch, why would someone with their own room be paying the same as someone sharing with 3 people?

Probably €2000 for the 2 bed. Standard these days.

Advertisement