Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

^^^^ 1250 now.

Think of it as Killiney West.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

josip wrote: »
    ^^^^ 1250 now.

Think of it as Killiney West.

Even it this rental was in 'actual' Killieny, say a quiet area like Ballinclea Heights, it still wouldn't be worth €1,250 for what's essentially a shoebox room with a tiny spiral staircase upto another shoebox room. The fact that it's tacked onto a former council house in Ballybrack is taking the piss. It looks like a halfway house that someone just out of prison would be put into and charged €75 or whatever per week HAP for. Absolute joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Even it this rental was in 'actual' Killieny, say a quiet area like Ballinclea Heights, it still wouldn't be worth €1,250 for what's essentially a shoebox room with a tiny spiral staircase upto another shoebox room. The fact that it's tacked onto a former council house in Ballybrack is taking the piss. It looks like a halfway house that someone just out of prison would be put into and charged €75 or whatever per week HAP for. Absolute joke!

People should email Des and tell them what they think of his valuation............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

1200 for this....in Ballybrack!

Rents are at a ridiculous level and still rising, they really need to drop rapidly, as there is absolutely no value whatsoever in the rental market.

The back garden is massive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

1200 for this....in Ballybrack!

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-91a-oakton-park-ballybrack-co-dublin/2597057

Rents are at a ridiculous level and still rising, they really need to drop rapidly, as there is absolutely no value whatsoever in the rental market.

I'm looking for the door to the bedroom that stops people getting barbequed if there was a fire downstairs

• Advertisement

Here are another few crackers...

I'm not sure what's going on here? I can't make head nor tail of this place

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Lansdowne-Terrace-Shelbourne-Road-Ballsbridge-Dublin-4/3361961/

1 bedroom for €4,150 per month! Obviously someone greedy enough to still charge AirBnB prices with zero tourists around?

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Hanover-Court-Grand-Canal-Dock-Dublin-2/3268375/

This is my favourite! It's basically a kitchen with a bed wedged above it so you can sleep a meter or so away from the ceiling. How does the landlord keep a straight face charging €1,400 per month for this?

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Flat-1-4-Frankfort-Avenue-Rathgar-Dublin-6/3317412/

Any 1 bedroom under €1,600 anywhere in Dublin is appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

This is my favourite! It's basically a kitchen with a bed wedged above it so you can sleep a meter or so away from the ceiling. How does the landlord keep a straight face charging €1,400 per month for this?

I would've assumed that there had to be some kind of regulation on the size of a sleeping area (like height to ceiling) but if Sherry Fitzgerald are letting it, I'm sure they've done their homework (although I have let from 'reputable' estate agents in the past (not Sherry Fitz) and they definitely bent the rules if they thought they could get away with it).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I always like the ones where the couch faces the oven, so you can watch your chicken roasting.

That 4,150 one they probably normally get easily when google, facebook offices etc are full.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Same As wrote: »
    Link

Property is presented in good condition throughout, however it may require some remedial work prior to occupation.

I do get a good laugh out of these descriptions. The property looks like it was recently on fire?
    WTF. Good condition?!
    Living in a smoke damaged building like that can have some seriously bad effects on your health, even if you scrub and paint it.

The owner must be a total cowboy.

I would've assumed that there had to be some kind of regulation on the size of a sleeping area (like height to ceiling) but if Sherry Fitzgerald are letting it, I'm sure they've done their homework (although I have let from 'reputable' estate agents in the past (not Sherry Fitz) and they definitely bent the rules if they thought they could get away with it).

The words 'reputable' and 'estate agent' should never been used in the same sentence. They're on par with used car salesmen for trustworthiness and blatant price gouging.

But seriously, how can anyone over 5 foot 5 stand in this......eh bedroom?

NWZkZmY2OGFjYmM0NWE2NTI0MGE3NmI2NjlmOWFiMWahEo-JK2oKjCCxvh_h336caHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2YvZC9mZDUyN2I5ZTI3NjA0ZTdlOWVlZDIyMmE4ODk1OGQ3NC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Checkout all of that storage space!

YjE1YjZmN2RiZjVkYjkyZDMzMzRmZjBmMjE4Zjc0MDb_YM1KK_-pWLyKIqclrkpuaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2EvNi9hNjE0MDBhZWM1ZjQ1NjkwYjEyZmZkNjI1MTZjZTg1OS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Cover over smoke detector :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I always like the ones where the couch faces the oven, so you can watch your chicken roasting.

That 4,150 one they probably normally get easily when google, facebook offices etc are full.
    Perfect for those AntiFee right whingers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Someone will rent this which is almost the worst part.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

mad m wrote: »
    Cover over smoke detector :rolleyes:

I l give them the benefit of the doubt and say it is recently painted and they actually cared enough to cover it and not painted straight over it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we maybe not quote the photos please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/menlough-village-menlough-galway/4445050

"There is also potential to extend existing residential area into the funeral home" - convert to an extra bedroom, where you would be sure to...eh...rest in peace?

(Also, they're going to continue trading during the sale, imagine going to view it and viewing a corpse instead :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

The bedroom in photo 11 would justify an entry in the thread all by itself.

Funeral shed would be more accurate.

4 aerial photos of the front, "We have a drone, we might as well get our money's worth"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

maudgonner wrote: »
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/menlough-village-menlough-galway/4445050

"There is also potential to extend existing residential area into the funeral home" - convert to an extra bedroom, where you would be sure to...eh...rest in peace?

(Also, they're going to continue trading during the sale, imagine going to view it and viewing a corpse instead :eek:)

Serious vibe of The Shining off that, I'd spend my days waiting for Jack's head to come though the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Serious vibe of The Shining off that, I'd spend my days waiting for Jack's head to come though the wall.

I was wondering why they didn't paint over the graffiti in the hallway, but I get the sense that it would just keep reappearing, bleeding through the fresh paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I was wondering why they didn't paint over the graffiti in the hallway, but I get the sense that it would just keep reappearing, bleeding through the fresh paint.

Along with the satanic symbols on the living room ceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Reminds me of CU Burn. Could stick a turf powered crematorium in there easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was looking through the pictures thinking it might have be the lounge of an old county bar but then at the end I realised what it actually is. And then realised that I've actually been inside it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Fitz* wrote: »
    Was looking through the pictures thinking it might have be the lounge of an old county bar but then at the end I realised what it actually is. And then realised that I've actually been inside it before.

At least you got out alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't think I'd want to be in that funeral home dead let alone live in that gaff alive.

What's written on the wall of the house hallway? Looks too planned to be graffiti.

All the photos taken off the walls and propped up on the seats is a bit odd too.

Googling the name given for the funeral home gives someone with that surname who died in 2011 - can't be empty that long surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

L1011 wrote: »
    I don't think I'd want to be in that funeral home dead let alone live in that gaff alive.

What's written on the wall of the house hallway? Looks too planned to be graffiti.

All the photos taken off the walls and propped up on the seats is a bit odd too.

Googling the name given for the funeral home gives someone with that surname who died in 2011 - can't be empty that long surely?

Looks like one of the workers got a call about another job to look at and had no pencil to write down the address.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Someone will rent this which is almost the worst part.

You were spot-on, it was rented and so was the place in Ballybrack. How depressing is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You were spot-on, it was rented and so was the place in Ballybrack. How depressing is that?
    Grayson wrote: »

This place is gone already. Probably snapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Another interesting property from Longford Daft.

Photo 6 & Photo 9 both particularly striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Same As wrote: »
    Another interesting property from Longford Daft.

Photo 6 & Photo 9 both particularly striking.

I could hear the floorboards creaking as I looked around.

WTF is photo 9 about? It's like a cross between a caravan and waiting for a school play to start.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Back garden is deadly - photo 14.

Advertisement