Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

To be fair, with the current WC it is actually my preferred set up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

inforfun wrote: »
    To be fair, with the current WC it is actually my preferred set up

Just because the Dutch didn't make it ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Just because the Dutch didn't make it ;)

Doesnt help to enjoy it, no. But bar 1 maybe 2 matches it has been of worse quality than most of the crap house posted in this thread.

Anyway.....

Nice place this for sure but i think i know what these people's favourite animated movie is....

https://www.funda.nl/koop/utrecht/appartement-40651955-stationsstraat-32/#foto-26

And this one is a bit special and probably only suitable if you ever competed in on the balance beam on olympic level.

This is your bedroom:

235126fcfc9fc2d8b90b97d5998a142c.jpg

And i cant see any other way to get there than this:

2aadee908b522439b29d8ae43401ba4e.png

All that in the part of Amsterdam where you can shovel the self-righteousness of the street.

https://www.funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/appartement-40538768-leidsegracht-82-n/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

∆ That's only suitable for teetotalers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

∆ That's only suitable for teetotalers!

It wouldn't have been a big job to put in handrails either side of that walkway. Fcuked if I'd like to negotiate that after a few bevvies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

How in the name of jesus did that pass any sort of building control? Do they even have building regs in The Netherlands?
    Even if I didn't drink I'd never go near that. Imagine if you had a kid in the house?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    How in the name of jesus did that pass any sort of building control? Do they even have building regs in The Netherlands?
    Even if I didn't drink I'd never go near that. Imagine if you had a kid in the house?

Seen it all now.... Dutch building control\regulations being questioned on an Irish website.

Whatever someone does inside the 4 walls of his own house has nothing to do with building control or building regs.
    They only come into play if you are going to take down walls of built extensions.
    Rules are so strict, you cant even paint the outside of your own place in a colour you desire.

Seen it all now.... Dutch building control\regulations being questioned on an Irish website.

Whatever someone does inside the 4 walls of his own house has nothing to do with building control or building regs.
    They only come into play if you are going to take down walls of built extensions.
    Rules are so strict, you cant even paint the outside of your own place in a colour you desire.

I live in Belfast and work in Building Control which is enforceable in the UK so I can question their rules if I like and compare them to what exists here. Thanks.

If that was constructed here it wouldn't have been give a certificate as it doesn't comply with Part K of the regulations. Any structural changes (including changing a stair or walkway or constructing something like that in your roofspace) are all subject to building control and require applications. I don't know how it works in Amsterdam as I've never looked into it, which is why I asked the question about their laws.

Your own words. That is not questioning rules. That is wondering if there are rules. In a condescending way even.
    Well, last part is how i picked it up.

You actually think that a country that built the Afsluitdijk, The Flevopolder, The Delta works, the Stormvloedkering and many other things all over the world has no building regulations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Pic 8 there are white stairs.
    Can't see the 2nd bedroom tho. Or is the walkway from the 1st to the 2nd bedroom with only the 1st bedroom having the stairs?

So cramped with the triangle, you'd be walloping your head the whole time

And what's with all the jars and little sets of ceramic drawers everywhere?!

Your own words. That is not questioning rules. That is wondering if there are rules. In a condescending way even.
    Well, last part is how i picked it up.

You actually think that a country that built the Afsluitdijk, The Flevopolder, The Delta works, the Stormvloedkering and many other things all over the world has no building regulations?

From my point of view that construction is insanity but as I said, I'm not aware of how the regs work in Amsterdam. And going by the fact that 'regulations' are a wishy washy term in the South with no real enforcement, I thought it might've been the same sort of system over there.
    But seeing as how you just said that there are no building regs that are applied to things like this sort of internal work then yeah, I was right. There are no rules. So I stand by my disbelief. If you choose to pick up as condescending there's not much I can do about that tbh.

In most people's view it is an insane construction.
    That is the whole point of me posting it here. Take a look at the thread title.

Still... that doesnt make it against any regulations. Might not be the safest place to have toddlers growing up or an ideal situation for a wheelchair user but i am pretty sure the building isnt going to collapse anytime soon with those beams.
    After all, most of the building in that street were built in the 17th century.

It wasnt a choice of mine to pick it up as condescending i just read it that way.
    After reading what you have to say about the "South" i think i read it just the way it was meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    From my point of view that construction is insanity but as I said, I'm not aware of how the regs work in Amsterdam. And going by the fact that 'regulations' are a wishy washy term in the South with no real enforcement, I thought it might've been the same sort of system over there.
    But seeing as how you just said that there are no building regs that are applied to things like this sort of internal work then yeah, I was right. There are no rules. So I stand by my disbelief. If you choose to pick up as condescending there's not much I can do about that tbh.

There are definitely building regs in the rest of Europe. Yes, I know, crazy.
    The thing is, as long as you don't touch the structure of a building, it usually is okay. If you want to use a scaffolding plank in your own home to go from a to b, that is your responsibility.
    If, in the event you want to sell your house with scaffolding plank from a to b, it is fine, as long as the potential buyer is fine with it. If he isn't, then they move on to the next house or look for a better solution when they do buy the place.
    Furthermore, in the rest of the EU it is mandatory to have a home/house insurance. And would you believe it, there is no insurance claim culture like there is in the USA, Ireland or the UK. You take responsibility for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

In most people's view it is an insane construction.
    That is the whole point of me posting it here. Take a look at the thread title.

Still... that doesnt make it against any regulations. Might not be the safest place to have toddlers growing up or an ideal situation for a wheelchair user but i am pretty sure the building isnt going to collapse anytime soon with those beams.
    After all, most of the building in that street were built in the 17th century.

It wasnt a choice of mine to pick it up as condescending i just read it that way.
    After reading what you have to say about the "South" i think i read it just the way it was meant to be.

Looks like they whipped out the roof and have an open attic.

Must be absolutely freezing in the Winter

Gas central heating and proper insulation will take care of that.
    One of the most expensive parts in Amsterdam to buy so you will not see people there who have to think 2x about every euro they spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

It does say in the advert that it is ripe for renovation. And I agree. It seems like the interior is a throwback to the <insert whichever decade you wish>

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

And this one is a bit special and probably only suitable if you ever competed in on the balance beam on olympic level.

This is your bedroom:

235126fcfc9fc2d8b90b97d5998a142c.jpg

And i cant see any other way to get there than this:

2aadee908b522439b29d8ae43401ba4e.png

All that in the part of Amsterdam where you can shovel the self-righteousness of the street.

https://www.funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/appartement-40538768-leidsegracht-82-n/

Are those kids toys at the other end of that walkway thing? :eek:

Gas central heating and proper insulation will take care of that.
    One of the most expensive parts in Amsterdam to buy so you will not see people there who have to think 2x about every euro they spend.

Dutch are probably the second tightest people on the planet, they would most definitely think about every euro they spend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/bungalows-for-sale/ranelagh/21a-leeson-park-ranelagh-dublin-1724869/

290k for what appears to be a ruined country shed in ranelagh.
    Bonus points for posting photos of photos in a book instead of, you know, actual photos of the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

retalivity wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/bungalows-for-sale/ranelagh/21a-leeson-park-ranelagh-dublin-1724869/

Bonus points for posting photos of photos in a book instead of, you know, actual photos of the place

400 sq ft. Jesus.

according to this I'd need a wage of a bout 74k to afford it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/what-salary-will-buy-a-typical-house-around-ireland-1.35400681

It's probably lost a few stone(s) since those photos were taken, years ago....
    They couldn't even be bothered to snap a few pictures with a phone and send them in.
    To add insult to injury, it's in someone's back yard and has no direct access to the road.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dublin,+D06+DE76/@53.3284292,-6.2527794,45m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670ea4951ce5df:0x80ed6437f1a3f0df!8m2!3d53.328424!4d-6.2523348

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

There are even smaller ones in Rathmines. 2 storey at 350 sq ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

290k for a shed and the agent can't even be bothered proof reading the spiel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Lmao it doesn't even have a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Or a kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Kamili wrote: »
    Or a kitchen

Or a roof.

M5 wrote: »

If you stuck a bit of roof and some windows on it you could fit at least 20 students in there, charge them 500 a month each and you'd be minted.

12 Minutes Cycle to Trinity :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Edit: 9 Square Meters ..... wtf .... hahahahahah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Speedsie wrote: »
    Or a roof.

Sure with this heatwave, who needs a roof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

M5 wrote: »

"among the 38 places to caatch a bit to eat"

You have to read it with a Caaavan accent!:D

Advertisement