Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ERCC SF: Racing 92 vs Munster; Sun 22nd April 3:15pm; BT Sport 3

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ProudIRISHman

prawnsambo wrote: »
    European silverware. What you said boy. ;)

The average Munster fan doesn't care for the Amlin.

We are talking about teams playing in a much more difficult league and how they perform in Europe in KNOCKOUT games. Leinster had it extremely lucky to get Scarlets. If the roles had been reversed it would have been Munster and not Leinster in the final.

Luck has nothing to do with it Leinster won all their group games and qualified as first seeds, their reward for that was to meet the defending champions in Saracens and put them away in a professional manner.
    Oh and I suppose Scarlets are world beaters? Would ya ever cop on like? Your clutching at straws. You and your grandmother knows that Racing are a far stronger side than Scarlets and that Toulon followed by Racing is a much, much more difficult draw than Saracens followed by Scarlets.

How do you expect us to win more games when we get unlucky all the time with refs and draws? We should have won yesterday but had two legit tries disallowed.

No Scarlets are not world beaters but beat both Munster and Leinster on way to pro 12 title last year so could have caused an upset again but leinster just didn't allow it to happen. Looking at yesterday Munster just didn't show up and were bullied out of the game for the opening half and looked very 1 dimensional with ball in hand in first half.

At some point you have to stop blaming refs(Munster got lucky in QF opening minutes not to be down a man and a penalty try) and make you own luck. Which Leinster did by winning all there group games and as a result got a favorable home semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The average Munster fan doesn't care for the Amlin.
    You asked a question. You got the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

And Munster in Croker. Remember that? I remember having my view blocked with fifteen minutes to go by hordes of Munster fans leaving early. ;)

You sure they weren't going to the bar, feckers are always at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Just circumcise me, lol. Too much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭jacothelad

sydthebeat wrote: »

Ulster are (rumor mill in overload) illogically going to let a young 10 move to England, and be looking to recruit one of Leinster's tens.

Not true. Ulster have no control over the decisions of it's players to move. If McPhillips wants to move there is nothing Ulster can do about it. I also doubt that Ulster are 'looking to recruit one of Leinster's tens.' Since the IRFU saw fit too kick out Ireland's No.2 10 they may be trying to cover their ass but I hope both Byrne and Carbery tell them to shove it. If Byrne really wanted to come I'd be delighted but browbeating him into it would be pointless. Carbery isn't a 10 that Ulster need. He may become one but Byrne is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

awec wrote: »
    It is interesting to hear people say Munster were tired given they benefit from the IRFU player programme and the French teams are apparently flogged.

I don't think they were tired, they were just beaten out the gate by a better team. Hard to pin any of the three tries on tiredness.

If you're tired in the first 20-25 minutes of a game (when Racing did the damage), there's something seriously wrong with the conditioning!

What's bizarre is our tendency to give away big early leads, and have to fight our way back into the game. Look at the leads our opposition built up at the start of the last 5 games - you'd think being crap for the first 20-30 minutes is an intrinsic part of our game-plan:

Racing: 24 points
    Cheetahs: 14 points
    Kings: 12 points
    Toulon: 6 points
    Scarlets: 7 points

Against weaker opposition we pulled it around, but that was never going to happen in a semi final. We never got any go-forward ball in the 1st half, our ball-carriers were being stopped or shunted backwards. If anything, I thought the Racing forwards were flagging a bit as the game went on (as you'd expect, given the T14 schedule) and we finally got a bit more pace and width.

We need to find a way to play a faster phase game. Stander's 2m carries and Murray ambling up to a ruck then sticking up another garryowen are only going to get us so far.

Well, fook it. Great day out. Quality sunburn. Singing right to the end, and beyond. Racing fans were good craic. Beer tokens are evil. French women are amazing. Conway was decent, getting through the fence to hand his boots to a young fan nearby, all of whose christmases came at once. Zebo chucked his boots into the crowd, and caused a minor war. Carter and Claassen looked shocked at getting a standing ovation from the Munster fans. Day trips are stupid. Supporting rugby is expensive. #IDidntWantToGoToBilbaoAnyway

who_me wrote: »
    If you're tired in the first 20-25 minutes of a game (when Racing did the damage), there's something seriously wrong with the conditioning!
    I brought that up
    Never seen them soak tackles like that this season and fall off so many. 66% tackle completion in the first half iirc. Which is nuts really. That's about their worst defensive performance in a long time I would think.

I would be more thinking mental tiredness than physical tbh. Just a tough couple of weeks of long travel and disjointed prep. Can't have helped anyway.

The slow starts are becoming a 'thing' though. That was exploited by Racing I reckon.

Zebo chucked his boots into the crowd, and caused a minor war.

Someone claimed on Twitter that there was a section of Munster fans chanting "Judas, Judas," and he threw his boots at them out of anger. I remember the good old days when every eejit didn't have a public voice.

• Advertisement

They also beat Leinster more convincingly but as we know Pro14 form doesn't mean much when we're talking Europe. Munster are a heavyweight team and the Manchester United of Champions Cup Rugby. Scarlets are more like a Roma.

Eh, no.
    If the roles had been reversed it would have been Munster and not Leinster in the final.

You know Leinster are actually going to play Racing in the final right? If what you say here is true it should be a handy win for Racing.

It's amusing looking at a poster flail around like this. Desperate for Leinster to lose. Playing out hypothetical tournaments in your head where Munster beat Scarlets and then Racing and therefore have in fact actually won the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hurrache wrote: »
    Someone claimed on Twitter that there was a section of Munster fans chanting "Judas, Judas," and he threw his boots at them out of anger. I remember the good old days when every eejit didn't have a public voice.

I doubt very much if that's true.

Beating Clermont in France in those days was the biggest task in European rugby, and we did it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Munster have never beaten Clermont in France. Leinster have done it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Ffs lads stop feeding the most obvious of trolls. Look at the join date, look at the content of their post history...

Munster still not good enough for the finals. Racing good but likely unable to deal with leinster. Leinster will bring the cup back to its spiritual homeland. Fvck all else to be really said for these semi finals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Hurrache wrote: »

Ahhhhh here.

Was it not very obviously a joke?

Come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Former Former devastated as Twitter parody account does not go down as expected

• Advertisement

Ahhhhh here.

Come on.

A crucial element of a joke is humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This thread went downhill pretty fast ...

Ahhhhh here.

Come on.

I dunno, I like to think my radar is pretty good for those things, this managed to break it's own nose such was the force from falling flat on its face. It didn't even have any likes or retweets, the ultimate barometer as we all know measuring the funninessness of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leinster on St Stephens Day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Ffs lads stop feeding the most obvious of trolls. Look at the join date, look at the content of their post history...

Munster still not good enough for the finals. Racing good but likely unable to deal with leinster. Leinster will bring the cup back to its spiritual homeland. Fvck all else to be really said for these semi finals

Well considering that apart from 9, Leinster have international quality/ current internationals in all other positions how can they not win?

I'll go out on a limb and say that Leinster should win by at least 20. Racing are good but not great, Munster should have dealt with them better but didn't, not much we can do about that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

What's bizarre is our tendency to give away big early leads, and have to fight our way back into the game. Look at the leads our opposition built up at the start of the last 5 games - you'd think being crap for the first 20-30 minutes is an intrinsic part of our game-plan:

Against weaker opposition we pulled it around, but that was never going to happen in a semi final. We never got any go-forward ball in the 1st half, our ball-carriers were being stopped or shunted backwards. If anything, I thought the Racing forwards were flagging a bit as the game went on (as you'd expect, given the T14 schedule) and we finally got a bit more pace and width.

We need to find a way to play a faster phase game. Stander's 2m carries and Murray ambling up to a ruck then sticking up another garryowen are only going to get us so far.

Well, fook it. Great day out. Quality sunburn. Singing right to the end, and beyond. Racing fans were good craic. Beer tokens are evil. French women are amazing. Conway was decent, getting through the fence to hand his boots to a young fan nearby, all of whose christmases came at once. Zebo chucked his boots into the crowd, and caused a minor war. Carter and Claassen looked shocked at getting a standing ovation from the Munster fans. Day trips are stupid. Supporting rugby is expensive. #IDidntWantToGoToBilbaoAnyway

Good man - shows a great spirit - I enjoyed that. Fair play to you (from a Leinster supporter)

twinytwo wrote: »
    Well considering that apart from 9, Leinster have international quality/ current internationals in all other positions how can they not win?

I'll go out on a limb and say that Leinster should win by at least 20. Racing are good but not great, Munster should have dealt with them better but didn't, not much we can do about that now

If Leinster don't win its a shambles considering their all star international team funded entirely by the IRFU and elite billionaire Des O'Brien

That said I dont think they will win. Those Leinster boys will not be able to compete with the hardness of that Racing pack having just come through Munster. If they (the pack) can do that to a tough Munster pack then I shudder to think what they'll do to the gentlemen of Leinster.

If Leinster don't win its a shambles considering their all star international team funded entirely by the IRFU and elite billionaire Des O'Brien

That said I dont think they will win. Those Leinster boys will not be able to compete with the hardness of that Racing pack having just come through Munster. If they (the pack) can do that to a tough Munster pack then I shudder to think what they'll do to the gentlemen of Leinster.

You stopped being funny a while back.

Hey the Denis O'Brien bit is my shtick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Any chance you're a bit Welsh?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Don't be jealous of Leinster because Uncle Denis likes us ;)

Faugheen wrote: »
    Don't be jealous of Leinster because Uncle Denis likes us ;)
    What really concerns me is that there's an elite ranking of billionaires. Being rich is tough. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

What really concerns me is that there's an elite ranking of billionaires. Being rich is tough. :D

imagine the shame of being regarded by all the other billionaires as being one of the also ran billionaires:o

I've put in a bid for Munster and am awaiting a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Try Wasps instead, they could do with the dosh and you'll get a bargain, make it a feeder club for Shannon

• Advertisement

laugh all you want but we still manage to perform and are still the team feared most in the champions cup! We fight, are tough and teams hate playing against us. POM is as hard as nails came from nothing and worked his way to being one of the most ferocious players on the planet. Not like lads with silverspoons in their mouths who cannot front up when it matters. When things are going well its great but any sign of a crack and everything falls to pieces. Munster are not like this, its the culture of the team and where they came from. They are used to hardship and struggle and have come from working backgrounds. SUAF!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That the same Peter O Mahoney who went to a school every bit as private as any of the others players tend to come from?

When things are going well its great but any sign of a crack and everything falls to pieces. Munster are not like this, its the culture of the team and where they came from. They are used to hardship and struggle and have come from working backgrounds. SUAF!!!!!!

Certainly would never see them do something like take a random, unnecessary, drop goal early in a game because they were rattled by conceding!

Bridge93 wrote: »
    That the same Peter O Mahoney who went to a school every bit as private as any of the others players tend to come from?

Would you go away. Peter came from a modest background and the school is nowhere even close to the likes of Blackrock and other D4 schools where a kids first car is a brand new Golf GTI.

Peter is a tough, workings man. He is hard as nails. Are you telling me the likes of Noel Reid are in any way similar? If you said boo to Noel Reid he would probably run a mile and hide behind a dumpster before his mother collected him.

He came from a modest background?! Jaysus I thought he came from nothing.

Does that mean private schools in Leinster outside of D4 are also modest backgrounds? Good to know I came from nothing as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Would you go away. Peter came from a modest background and the school is nowhere even close to the likes of Blackrock and other D4 schools where a kids first car is a brand new Golf GTI.

Peter is a tough, workings man. He is hard as nails. Are you telling me the likes of Noel Reid are in any way similar? If you said boo to Noel Reid he would probably run a mile and hide behind a dumpster before his mother collected him.

Given there are 3 ex Blackrock lads in the munster senior squad and another in the academy I think we've found what went wrong last Sunday. Well done us. Not to mention that Belvedere bottler at 10 and his schoolmate at sub scrum half. Or Kilkenny College waster who came off the bench in the second half.

What about the two lads who went to independent schools in England and paid a fortune. Surely they're not salt of the earth enough to wear the red shirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's a conspiracy. Simple as that. Leinster bottlers forced upon the hard as nails Munster men. Conway only went to Munster as he was not good enough for the RFU. Munster were forced to take him. Conor Oliver is a plant. Nostradamus predicted this.

Rubbish. He did not come from a 'modest' background and the school he attended is the most prestigious in Cork City.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Given there are 3 ex Blackrock lads in the munster senior squad and another in the academy I think we've found what went wrong last Sunday. Well done us. Not to mention that Belvedere bottler at 10 and his schoolmate at sub scrum half. Or Kilkenny College waster who came off the bench in the second half.

What about the two lads who went to independent schools in England and paid a fortune. Surely they're not salt of the earth enough to wear the red shirt?

Here are some Munster players discussing their childhoods:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

laugh all you want but we still manage to perform and are still the team feared most in the champions cup! We fight, are tough and teams hate playing against us. POM is as hard as nails came from nothing and worked his way to being one of the most ferocious players on the planet. Not like lads with silverspoons in their mouths who cannot front up when it matters. When things are going well its great but any sign of a crack and everything falls to pieces. Munster are not like this, its the culture of the team and where they came from. They are used to hardship and struggle and have come from working backgrounds. SUAF!!!!!!

POM is overrated. He is good in the lineout and sometimes shows he has a good work rate and leadership. But he is a poor ball carrier, decent on the ground and a solid tackler without being a big hitter. Sometimes goes missing in big games outside of Thomond.

Advertisement