Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android TV Boxes

• 22-04-2018 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Are these any use? Seen to be about €80...

Would be class if they actually work and you can get Sky Sports, etc. with them?

Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There is to be no discussion of whether you can get Sky Sports or any other pay TV channel on these boxes.

This is a pre-emptive warning and as such a straight 48 hour ban without further warning for breaking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I have a couple of Amlogic 905 devices and consider them great value hardware for the price.
    In addition I can use LibreElec/CoreELEC on them if I want to repurpose them.
    So they will run Android or Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

icdg wrote: »
    There is to be no discussion of whether you can get Sky Sports or any other pay TV channel on these boxes.

This is a pre-emptive warning and as such a straight 48 hour ban without further warning for breaking it

Oooh I've just seen this. Should i delete the q i just asked about Tronix boxes.... is that not legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Whatever box you seen for €80, I 100% guarantee that it's about €20 as it's real price.

They just import them in and triple the price they paid.

Sysmod wrote: »
    Oooh I've just seen this. Should i delete the q i just asked about Tronix boxes.... is that not legal?

The hardware itself is legal. It’s what might be loaded on them. If the maker or retailer of the box sells them with the explicit claim or purpose of pirating television, then we don’t allow discussion

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    The hardware itself is legal. It’s what might be loaded on them. If the maker or retailer of the box sells them with the explicit claim or purpose of pirating television, then we don’t allow discussion

Ok but how do i know if it's pirate?
    I'll delete my other q just in case.

If it promises “all box sets, all sporting events, all movies, free of charge” or something similar, that is the usual cue

Yeah, I guess 10 euro/month is as close to free as makes it clear what side of the line it's on.
    Now 10 euro per day for a NowTV Sky Sports pass is obviously legit .... I sure hope as I've paid them for the odd once-off event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sysmod wrote:
    Yeah, I guess 10 euro/month is as close to free as makes it clear what side of the line it's on. Now 10 euro per day for a NowTV Sky Sports pass is obviously legit .... I sure hope as I've paid them for the odd once-off event.

That's still very expensive, sky really should be trying to bring their prices down, or the illegal game will continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Now tv offers 7 day's for 15 Euro, or the month for 50 Euro for sports packages.

I don't think it's much more expensive than the satellite package for sports, considering you get 720p HD also with Now tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement