Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saltees - Puffins

Options
  • 22-04-2018 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m considering visiting the Saltees next weekend, mostly as I want to see the puffins! Does anybody know if now is a good time or if I should wait until May or June? I don’t want to visit and have them all hidden in their nests!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Now, through May is typically peak season for Puffins.
    Kerryite wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m considering visiting the Saltees next weekend, mostly as I want to see the puffins! Does anybody know if now is a good time or if I should wait until May or June? I don’t want to visit and have them all hidden in their nests!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Thanks! Am looking forward to visiting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Gumby

If you can try to go at least twice, maybe once soon and maybe a month or two later when the puffins may be feeding, in a week or two the bluebells should be out. The Gannet colony is spectacular.

Advertisement