Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents permit - Does it cover more than one zone?

Options
  • 22-04-2018 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Looking at buying a house within the disk parking zone and having a look at the map, the house is located near the corner of 3 parking zones. I know the area and I know I will most likely park in the neighboring zone.
    But being right on the corner in a busy area you take whatever parking you get. So can you get a permit for more than one zone, do you have to pick a zone or is it allocated based on your address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

It will be allocated based on your address. They’ll look it up in city hall and issue for that zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Ok, thanks.
    Not ideal as there is no parking on my street, the next street over is in the next zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm pretty sure that you can park in more than just your own zone. I can't remember if it is your own zone and adjacent zones or not but I'm pretty sure there is some flexibility built in.

You'd have to check with city hall for a proper answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MollyMockit

dantastic wrote: »
    Looking at buying a house within the disk parking zone and having a look at the map, the house is located near the corner of 3 parking zones. I know the area and I know I will most likely park in the neighboring zone.
    But being right on the corner in a busy area you take whatever parking you get. So can you get a permit for more than one zone, do you have to pick a zone or is it allocated based on your address?

To my knowledge it applies to one zone based on your address. They are also very cagey at advertising information about zones.

• Administrators Posts: 14,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

In Waterford you nominate two areas/streets. Your best option is to ring the council parking division and ask them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement