Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVR Freezing

Options
  • 22-04-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hope I'm on the right forum but I bought a cheap enough 4 channel dvr about a year ago with 4 reasonably good 1080p cameras. I bought a 750 gb hard drive to install. This system has worked great up until about 2 weeks ago when I started connecting the dvr to the broadband for remote viewing.

The remote viewing is done so using the XMeye android app on the phone. For a full day I might get great playback with the ability to download clips to the phone. The next day I go to log in on the app and tells me system not connected. When I look at the dvr itself I see the live monitor feed has completely frozen with no timestamp. The only way to fix is to unplug the machine and plug it in again to reboot.

So far I've not been able to get more than 24 hours viewing remotely without freezing. Having the dvr connected to broadband is important so not an option to do without.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

eoinsie74 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Hope I'm on the right forum but I bought a cheap enough 4 channel dvr about a year ago with 4 reasonably good 1080p cameras. I bought a 750 gb hard drive to install. This system has worked great up until about 2 weeks ago when I started connecting the dvr to the broadband for remote viewing.

The remote viewing is done so using the XMeye android app on the phone. For a full day I might get great playback with the ability to download clips to the phone. The next day I go to log in on the app and tells me system not connected. When I look at the dvr itself I see the live monitor feed has completely frozen with no timestamp. The only way to fix is to unplug the machine and plug it in again to reboot.

So far I've not been able to get more than 24 hours viewing remotely without freezing. Having the dvr connected to broadband is important so not an option to do without.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately using cheap equipment has its drawbacks.
    If you contact the manufacture of the unit you may be able to get a software update if there is an issue they know about causing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

altor wrote: »
    Unfortunately using cheap equipment has its drawbacks.
    If you contact the manufacture of the unit you may be able to get a software update if there is an issue they know about causing this.

Might give that a go however I reckon I may have difficulties getting a reply seen as it's a fairly generic Chinese made dvr.

Thanks for the help

Might give that a go however I reckon I may have difficulties getting a reply seen as it's a fairly generic Chinese made dvr.

Thanks for the help

Other than that you may be able to buy another DVR and use the cameras you have with it.

I dont like that app your using either, found it very hit and miss so port forwarding your router is another option.

Other than that you may be able to buy another DVR and use the cameras you have with it.

I dont like that app your using either, found it very hit and miss so port forwarding your router is another option.

Yeah I don't want to buy another dvr in case it's the hard drive?

What would you recommend if I port forward? Ideal for android phone and tablet

• Advertisement

If you can view recorded footage after a power cycle I wouldn't imagine its the hard drive causing it.

Normally when the hard drive goes you will still see a live feed and hear the Hard drive clicking.

If you can view recorded footage after a power cycle I wouldn't imagine its the hard drive causing it.

Normally when the hard drive goes you will still see a live feed and hear the Hard drive clicking.

If say the system and live monitor freezes for an hour it in turn results in loss of recording on all cams for that hour. When I reboot the cams start recording fresh. I can still playback footage from before that hour freeze also.

If say the system and live monitor freezes for an hour it in turn results in loss of recording on all cams for that hour. When I reboot the cams start recording fresh. I can still playback footage from before that hour freeze also.

Something is causing that, dont know if its software related or a component in the system itself.
    Either way id start with looking for an software update.

Something is causing that, dont know if its software related or a component in the system itself.
    Either way id start with looking for an software update.

Thanks a mil for the info

Thanks a mil for the info

No problem, hope you get it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement