Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mining Crypto

Options
  • 22-04-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

A buddy and I are considering setting up a very small Mining rig.

We want to test the waters with 2 1080 TI's with room for expansion.

What kind of monthly income are you guys seeing?

Obviously my question is super circumstantial, I am just looking to get some localized experiences as everything I read is based on facts and figures outside of Ireland.

Thanks in Advance!

(MODs/Admins - Feel free to move, I did look for a mining specific space!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's a good few threads about mining in here already. This is the main one:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104854508

And another one with a good few replies here about starting up mining:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057833850

Here's my brief tuppence, or should I say 0.0000000000002BTC?

1080TI are very expensive cards that don't even hash that well and even in perfect mining conditions, mining the most profitable coin, with current crypto values you'll likely won't see ROI until after a very long time

Mining is a hobby I enjoy and if I were to advise you getting into it, I wouldn't spend a lot of money at this stage. Maybe get a few cheap RX570 4GB new if you can or some RX580 8GB second hand and get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Thank you!

Ya might be a good idea, Can always swap out or add cards at a later date anyway!

Advertisement