Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a listen to these and give me some ideas

Options
  • 23-04-2018 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a list of recordings I've made over the years that I can't pinpoint what caused them. I would love to hear peoples thoughts and ideas

Some you'll hear clearly - like plates and cutlery being moved. Others you wont hear at first (the recording from the house where they were hearing their name called comes to mind) - but once you do hear it, it's very hard to undo. It's clearly there, regardless of our thoughts on the paranormal.

As I say, some will make sense, others probably won't. i can give you any information I have from memory of the recordings if there's any that you can't hear anything in.

Outside of a cat or a few big rats it gets hard to figure out where some of the sounds are originating from. We should never rule out rodents, but according to centre management, security staff and cleaners, the place is well looked after, with adequate anti rodent protection so the chances would be very slim. Its basically a locked up shopping centre after closing hours. I've spent many hours in there and for the vast majority of time, you'll hear the same series of sounds taking place - repeating themselves according to whatever sign, fridge or other piece of equipment, glass roof or other natural construct is that creates it. Outside of ourselves, there's nothing else there to create random sounds - which is why I have this list in the first place.

https://soundcloud.com/leinsterparanormal/sets/recordings-we-cant-explain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Third one sounds like the vibration from the motor has caused the objects to be pushed gradually.
    What we're hearing is the end result.

Its hard to judge all the clips completely as I wasn't there and therefore don't know the exact context.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

As the poster above said, we'd need to know the exact conditions under which the recordings were made before giving an opinion. Fair play for making the effort to get something tangible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Your Face wrote: »
    Third one sounds like the vibration from the motor has caused the objects to be pushed gradually.
    What we're hearing is the end result.

Its hard to judge all the clips completely as I wasn't there and therefore don't know the exact context.

That third recording was from the cafe in the centre. not too sure what motor you are referring to as it just a cafe with all the equipment switched off. I was sitting not too far away from them and when I heard it i got up and asked it to happen again - which is did briefly

Everything was recorded in carlow shopping centre at nighttime. Sounds from outside are very very negligible. Inside, there were never more than three of us and the doors were always locked. There were no sounds internally except for us - no motors, fridges etc. The tapping sounds were from an area upstairs that had been stripped of everything due to the high cost of rates. We even had to feed up electricity.

if you go to http://leinsterparanormal.com/v1/evps/ you'll get outlines of where and how each was recorded

Advertisement