Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what options for cutomization/making better is their for the apple watch?

Options
  • 23-04-2018 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

anyone got a screen protector or new strap added to their apple watch?
    seems to be the only customizable things you can do but nice add ons..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I bought a new strap - very happy with it. Turned my sport watch into a more "presentable" one when at work, meeting the client etc...

I've also started using the Siri watch face (as a customisation) and using N26 to use Apple Pay. Both work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a screen protector doesn't make the watch better, it makes it worse.

stick with straps, customising the watch face to suit your needs.

I swap between the Milanese loop and the sport loop in black. If you haven't already bought one I'd strongly suggest getting a non-space grey watch. I have one and I regret it as it limits the bands I can use and what shirt I can wear with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 storm1

Dardania wrote: »
    I bought a new strap - very happy with it. Turned my sport watch into a more "presentable" one when at work, meeting the client etc...

I've also started using the Siri watch face (as a customisation) and using N26 to use Apple Pay. Both work well.
    what strap did you choose?

I swap between the Milanese loop and the sport loop in black. If you haven't already bought one I'd strongly suggest getting a non-space grey watch. I have one and I regret it as it limits the bands I can use and what shirt I can wear with it.
    the tempered glass screen protector im talking about ..its so easy to break a normal watch screen so..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

storm1 wrote: »
    the tempered glass screen protector im talking about ..its so easy to break a normal watch screen so..

Is it? Saphire is usually used on any half decent watch which is known for its scratch resistance and whilst it’s not completely shatter proof you’d need to hit it with a fair whack for it to shatter. I know the Apple Watch is not sapphire (and the sports models, it’s ion-x) I’ve had an Apple Watch (sport model) on my wrist every day since the first one came out (now wearing a series 3) and bar from a tiny micro scratch on the original model I’ve not had the need for a drastic screen protector.

I don’t exactly baby it either and wear cuff links on occasion which have scratch my other watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 storm1

thats crazy considering how easily they make theyr phones crackable lol.. i havent one yet but planning pick one up i think bro has one looks cool and the diff wrist straps are the job.
    i dunno i just like to have tempered glass on everything with a screen saved my ass few times and a good one doesnt affect performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

storm1 wrote: »
    Dardania wrote: »

what strap did you choose?

This one: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01M717KK5/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_dp_5 

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have a Belkin leather strap for my Apple watch, just can't justify the price of the official ones.

Saying that, my one decided to fall apart today and needs a trip to the jewellers to fix.

I have a series 2 watch, sport version, I wear it all day and playing soccer (uncovered) and it has a few minor scratches but nothing major and you have to look for them to see them. Don't bother with a screen protector.

Advertisement