Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Extreme 300 ordered , two questions

Options
  • 23-04-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Over the weekend I ordered an upgrade from DSL to the eir fibre extreme 300 bundle including phone and calls .

I have 2 questions I forgot to ask when I was on to sales -

Is the new router sent by post / courier or is it brought by the installer ?

Does the phone use my existing copper line or does it change to VOIP through the new router ?

Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

New router will be provided by the installer, there will be a fibre line install required which will replace the copper line, as such your phone service will be VOIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Over the weekend I ordered an upgrade from DSL to the eir fibre extreme 300 bundle including phone and calls .

Does the phone use my existing copper line or does it change to VOIP through the new router ?

Thanks .
    Hi ninja 12,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The customer zep would be correct in what he is saying.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

zep wrote: »
    New router will be provided by the installer, there will be a fibre line install required which will replace the copper line, as such your phone service will be VOIP.

Hi ,

Thanks .
    Hi ninja 12,

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks for that .
    I know that there'll be a new fibre drop from the pole outside my house (that's where the current copper is fed from )
    Hopefully it'll be an easy install .

I assume I can use my existing phone and just plug it in to the new router ?
    Phone number stays the same ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

zep wrote: »

Hi ,

Thanks .
    Hi ninja 12,

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks for that .
    I know that there'll be a new fibre drop from the pole outside my house (that's where the current copper is fed from )
    Hopefully it'll be an easy install .

I assume I can use my existing phone and just plug it in to the new router ?
    Phone number stays the same ?

Thanks
    No problem. 

Your existing phone number will stay the same and your existing cordless phone will work if it was purchased through ourselves. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

No problem. 

Your existing phone number will stay the same and your existing cordless phone will work if it was purchased through ourselves. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

No problem. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

No problem at all :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement