Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gear Insurance Cover

• 23-04-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Getting to the stage now where I've invested quite a lot of money in my gear and have become worried about the what ifs so I've started looking into gear insurance. Does anyone have advice on the best deals out there? Would be looking to insure a camera body, lenses and a laptop. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact camerainsurance.ie

They are very competitive and local too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

+1 to camerainsurance.ie too. I think the guy who runs it is a member here. I saw him (her?) reply to another post recently.

Do you have household insurance or even contents insurance? You could get cover for them under that too. I think you only need to specify specific items if they are over a certain value, otherwise they are covered. Just check the fine print when it comes to cover outside the home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I use Towergate Camerasure, Jellicoe House, Grange Drive, Hedge End, SO30 2AF

Been with them for years. Policy also covers theft from car.

Must check out camerainsurance.ie

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Turns outr Camerainsurance.ie wouldn't even give me a quote because I have 3 foreign trips planned over the next 12 months. Which I thought was quite odd. Is that not the point of having insurance?

Anyway, I'll check out some more places. No house insurance as we're renting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Found camera insurance.ie very good to deal with.

If your house (even though rented) has insurance can you not add your items there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement