Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer's Support Grant 2018

Options
  • 23-04-2018 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I had my Carer's allowance stopped ( even after appeal and even though I still care for my son in the same way) in Oct 2016 , I automatically got the Respite Grant with that . My son was then granted his Disability Allowance so I applied for the Carer's Support Grant for last year in April 2017 and got it but I had to wait till Sept 2017 for it to go through . Just wondered do I need to reapply again for this year's payment , someone told me I didn't if I got it last year, that I'll get a questionnaire in the post in April to just see if circumstances changed ( they haven't ) but I haven't received any letter yet and I'm worried now that I have to reapply cause if I do I want to get it in asap as it takes nearly 6 months to process :/ Has anyone gotten a questionnaire for this year's CSG ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

you should get a letter from them with a few things to sign. you will get this years and last years payment i got my questionnaire last week.have you reapplied for carers allowance i did and its now 6 months should hear something from them in the next couple of weeks.i lost mine in December 2014 it went through an appeal and an ombudsman and still got refused.so the end of October last year i reapplied again.get in there an reapply you never know.plus its a disgrace the way they seem to think that when someone turns 16 they all of a sudden get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

ann0 wrote: »
    you should get a letter from them with a few things to sign. you will get this years and last years payment i got my questionnaire last week.have you reapplied for carers allowance i did and its now 6 months should hear something from them in the next couple of weeks.i lost mine in December 2014 it went through an appeal and an ombudsman and still got refused.so the end of October last year i reapplied again.get in there an reapply you never know.plus its a disgrace the way they seem to think that when someone turns 16 they all of a sudden get better.

Hi , yes I got the questionnaire last week after all , I filled it in and sent back straight away. I will try reapplying , thanks & I agree it's ridiculous that a child that needs constant care is deemed to not need it suddenly the minute they turn 16 like a magic switch is just turned on and they become "cured" . Do you by any chance know if the questionnaire sent out for this year's grant is all in order for them do they pay the grant on the 1st Thursday in June same as for the people who get it automatically or is there a delay in payment until your questionnaire goes through the usual red tape ? I only ask as last year was the first time I had to apply separately for it and I applied as soon as the forms cam out in the beginning of April last year but didn't get payment till well into September so just wondered if there'd be a delay again ? Thanks for your help !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

i think its basically the same set up as the carers allowance it should be around the same time also .if you are going to reapply for ca do it asap as it can take 6 months.you will also have to visit the local social welfare inspector

Advertisement