Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Insurance Question

• 23-04-2018 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi

I spend 9 days on Jury service recently as was told there was a possibilty of claiming €10 - €20 euro per day expences.

I have my household insurance with 123.ie

According to there RSA Household Policy online they do cover.

Page 41.

We WILL COVER

JURY SERVICE AND COURT ATTENDANCE We will cover an Insured persons Attendance expenses: (a) to attend any court or tribunal at the request of the Representative; or (b) to perform jury service; or (c) to carry out activities specified by the Identity theft support service under insured incident 2 Identity

I have contacted them, see reply below

Thank you for your response. I hope you are well.

I would be unable to comment on your friends policy.

The section below is Legal Assist, which we did offer at a previous stage but we no longer have this available on any of our policies.

I regret any inconvenience caused, and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Have a lovely day!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Can't remember who I am insured with but I am doing Jury Duty tomorrow so thanks for the prompt - it might entitle me to something, must check my policy! My wife has also got called up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Beware of lodging a relatively trivial claim and then getting stiffed on your next renewal. At which point nobody else will give you a quote because you had a recent claim. And after allowing for the excess, you may end up with very little. I'd be very careful about making a claim under this category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

http://www.aviva.ie/home-insurance/benefits/

Woo hoo!

Jury Service
    Should you or your partner be called up for jury service, we will pay a benefit of €40 per day or part day up to a total of €650. Claiming for Jury Service Benefit will not affect your no-claims bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

homer911 wrote: »
    Jury Service
    Should you or your partner be called up for jury service, we will pay a benefit of €40 per day or part day up to a total of €650. Claiming for Jury Service Benefit will not affect your no-claims bonus.

That is a sales pitch which omits to mention that claiming that benefit is still a claim which you would be required to declare if seeking a quote from an alternative supplier on your next renewal. Which leaves you at the mercy of your current insurer who can still stiff you on your next renewal while claiming that you qualify for a notional no-claims discount off a supercharged premium.

Just saying.

Advertisement