Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ry Cooder, National Stadium Oct 15th

Options
  • 23-04-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Ry Cooder plays in the National Stadium on Monday 15th October, tickets on sale Friday 27th April. 15 years since he last played here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rednik wrote: »
    Ry Cooder plays in the National Stadium on Monday 15th October, tickets on sale Friday 27th April. 15 years since he last played here.

Oooh you beauty! He did play here in 2009 with Nick Lowe though.

76 quid. Nice change from the 130 he charged in the Olympia last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Saw him there in 1988 - 30 year anniversary !

Was 20 then and struck by the number of auld fellas there, hopefully most of them turn up again and I can revel again in being one of the youngest there !

Any recommendations for the best seats?

Sorted! Nice seats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

I love the guy, Bop Til You Drop is on my Desert Island Discs - but 76 quid....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone know if there's a support act tomorrow, and if so who and what time?

I'll be hurtling back to Dublin from the outer reaches of Donegal, trying to find out if I need to make it home earlier!

• Advertisement

Says doors 7.30pm/Show 8pm on the tickets. Nothing about support. Can't see anything on social media etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Did anyone here go? Any use? If I wasn't away I would have loved to have seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was there. It was fantastic even though i don't know much of his music and the first song i recognised was the encore!

He's some performer, and the backing band and singers were brilliant. Particularly the sax player on the bass sax.

More holy Joe gospel songs than i was expecting, but i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I was there. It was fantastic even though i don't know much of his music and the first song i recognised was the encore!

He's some performer, and the backing band and singers were brilliant. Particularly the sax player on the bass sax.

More holy Joe gospel songs than i was expecting, but i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Basically this yeah. Incredible musicians. Listening to him playing slide is a thing of wonder.

Could've done with a little less gospel though yeah.

Possibly the oldest crowd I've ever seen at a gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I thought he was superb especially when he was able to see the frets :P:P:P. A little heavy on the religious side but otherwise a great night. A very senior audience alright :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone have the Little Village album? I think it's brilliant.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement