Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Neo (eGolf replacement)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ted1 wrote: »
    You are still hung up in numbers.

Tesla showed that you can make cars with a good range
    Tesla showed that people will Queue up to buy them.

Yes Tesla are behind the EV revolution.

VW have showed that they talk a big game but the real point is that if Tesla weren’t here they still would be talking and not delivering.

hahahaha

The only thing Tesla are behind is their targets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    not sit like clowns lapping up the PR bulls**t they are firing out

Errr.jpg

;)

DrPhilG wrote: »

;)

Removed

My point is that people have invested in a car and they have no idea
    A when they can buy
    B what the price is

Fairly basic information I would think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Removed

My point is that people have invested in a car and they have no idea
    A when they can buy
    B what the price is

Fairly basic information I would think

Thats bothers you why?

Its refundable, no one has invested anything

Back to VW ID

Any more concept news, nice cgi drawings maybe for us to see, far out tech news, predictions maybe, some timelines

All good stuff

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

LG adding capacity at Wroclaw for 200,000 more packs per year between now and 2021. According to the article this is largely due to an order from VW.

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/1800748-lg-chem-to-expand-polish-ev-battery-production?backToResults=true

Between that and the 1.24 Billion USD that SK Innovation have committed to building a plant in Atlanta for VW US it's beginning to look alot more real.

I've seen it mentioned in the past that it takes 18 months to get a Li-ion plant up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

According to this source plan is for Wroclaw to hit 70GWh within the next 2 to 3 years. That's enough for approx 1,000,000 cars assuming a 64kWh battery is usable and 70kWh on the inside.

http://www.orpa.pl/lg-chem-planuje-nawet-7-krotne-zwiekszenie-produkcji-w-polsce/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just before I read that.... have you done a VW stock check on them?!
    I dont want to be reading any articles that are biased or spouting PR bull! :)

KCross wrote: »
    Just before I read that.... have you done a VW stock check on them?!
    I dont want to be reading any articles that are biased or spouting PR bull! :)

Only Tesla resort to such underhanded tricks

Some more information released as well.....looks like VW might be going direct route in some countries

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1058403/VW-ID-Neo-2019-electric-car-range-Volkswagen-Golf-price?fbclid=IwAR2OZ8hiK_kjt3tUtKgh3M5Xa-0rlM_b1Salwzctqx27gv_5bAEg7nI6jPM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Only Tesla resort to such underhanded tricks

Shure VW would never resort to such underhanded tricks. You're a funny man today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Can any one have an explanation for the price differential with Kona and Niro? I know people mentioned common platform etc but will the retail price creep up the nearer we get to launch?

unkel wrote: »
    Shure VW would never resort to such underhanded tricks. You're a funny man today :D

I spent 12 hours yesterday in the pub :P:P:P:P

Water John wrote: »
    Can any one have an explanation for the price differential with Kona and Niro? I know people mentioned common platform etc but will the retail price creep up the nearer we get to launch?

Do you mean the price difference between the Neo when compared to the Kona/Niro

Or the price difference between the Kona and Niro? The Niro pricing hasn't been launched yet in Ireland

Maybe not why the VW offering is priced in the mid twenties but why other similar vehicles seem to be in the high thirties.

Maybe not why the VW offering is priced in the mid twenties but why other similar vehicles seem to be in the high thirties.

VW will have 3 options

4XkWH version
    6XkWh

8XkWh

The exact size is not released yet but I think the base model will be 49kWh. So that would be the 25k version

the 6XkWh I would expect around 30k

The 8XkWh would be circa 40k

Again each of those would have options, so you 25k model would probably be close to 30k depending on what you add in(heated seats etc). So you either pick features or go for bigger battery

Personally I will go for features and probably the 49kWh

Fabulous news, roll on 2020

Great bunch VW

48kWh for 25k

Found my next car, my Fabia is going to the scrap heap after 10+ years and Tesla can go jump, they had their chance with the 35k model 3

If VW do sell a 48kWh for 25k

What price could Nissan now sell the Leaf40 or Hyundai sell the Ioniq?

They'd look overpriced at anything over 20k compared to the 25k VW

Would nearly forgive them dieselgate, but will never forget.

Would nearly forgive them dieselgate, but will never forget.

I don't think anyone will forget, probably why VW are partnering with Ford....might be easier to flog car in US with the Ford name:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

Even if it's €40k rrp €30k after grant and vrt rebate would still be great value.

Really starting to think waiting for the Neo is the best option. Wife's pcp rolls over end of March so was really hoping a decent electric would be available by then. Think we'll just finance the Gmv left and get the Neo booked asap.

Kona and probably Niro are overpriced for what they offer. Better value getting a decent spec petrol and spending the difference on fuel.

Leaf 60kw is interesting but wife not's gone on it. I've test driven the 40 twice it's not bad Nice interior in SV premium, decent acceleration but handling felt poor didn't like the seating position. 200bhp in the 60kw might let me look past some of that. It will be too pricey though I'd say

e Golf test drove this too quite liked it. Way better to drive than the leaf feels and looks like a normal golf. Didn't like the seats and leather is a pricey enough upgrade. Wife would much prefer it over the leaf. Bit pricey especially if you add the heat pump and a few bits though what we'd save in fuel would more than pay for the increase in pcp repayments.

i3 or i3's this has actually grown on me lot and the increase in battery size and small drop in price has me considering it again. I rented one for a few days in the Netherlands earlier in the year and I loved driving it and the quirkiness of it has grown on me. Not sure the wife can see past the looks. I'd be more than happy with it as my main car but if the wife would drive a bigger car with the tow bar but I'm the one stuck driving the family bus.

PCP rates don't seem to bad on the i3 but I haven't got to a dealers yet to see what we'd get on our car. Their GMV is set very high though so I'd be worried there would be no equity at the end of the 3 years or a decent lump to refinance to keep the car.

All in all waiting for Neo at the moment look's like the best choice I'd love if we could get an Ev in March though.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Personally I will go for features and probably the 49kWh

Are you sure?

(Lifted from electrek.co....)

Now Christian Senger, VW’s Head of Product Line for E-Mobility, updated the numbers based on the more accurate WLTP range via Auto Express:

“We will have three different ranges of I.D. hatchback, to allow for people with different budgets. The entry-level car will have a WLTP range of 330km (205 miles), and it will also have more limited performance. If people want a faster car then I don’t want them coming back after three months telling me that it’s fast but that the range is too short. So if you want a fast car, you’ll need a bigger battery – simple.”

Christian Senger is not exactly talking up the bog basic one, is he?

• Advertisement

pdpmur wrote: »
    Are you sure?

(Lifted from electrek.co....)

Now Christian Senger, VW’s Head of Product Line for E-Mobility, updated the numbers based on the more accurate WLTP range via Auto Express:

“We will have three different ranges of I.D. hatchback, to allow for people with different budgets. The entry-level car will have a WLTP range of 330km (205 miles), and it will also have more limited performance. If people want a faster car then I don’t want them coming back after three months telling me that it’s fast but that the range is too short. So if you want a fast car, you’ll need a bigger battery – simple.”

Christian Senger is not exactly talking up the bog basic one, is he?

330km is loads for me and in reality for most Irish drivers

All electric cars are taking a similar approach, bigger battery means more weight so they have more Bhp....Kona etc are the same....

I expect VW will try to push you up the range, more money for them. Same as every company but they will sell the base model, the whole point of ID is to try and sell loads and loads of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Great to see them getting tested so hopefully they will start to laucnh soon.....Geneva Motor Show I would hope will have them

They look tall from the images...

Bobby Llewellyn of Fully Charged Show fame has been tweeting about this (most likely).

This was a few days ago: We are in Cape Town, South Africa to see/drive an electric car that we can't tell you about until next week. Important? Yes, game changing? Possibly. A big manufacturer who can produce the numbers required so there isn't a 2 year waiting list? Yes.

Then yesterday he followed up: I can’t tweet any pictures yet but I’ve been driving something that I truly believe will be a common sight on our roads in 2020.

So, either Bobby has gobbled up VWs promotional bragging hook, line and sinker, or this is the start of a “bet the company” transition to EVs phase for VW, and they will actually go for huge production numbers.

This was posted in the comments on the Electrek article
    https://electrek.co/2018/12/14/vw-electric-hatchback-spotted-testing/

liamog wrote: »
    This was posted in the comments on the Electrek article
    https://electrek.co/2018/12/14/vw-electric-hatchback-spotted-testing/

You didnt get ShefWed's memo.... no Electrek Telsa shill reporting allowed! :)

On the Fully Charged comment about it being a common site on our roads from 2020.... VW are saying 100k EV's to be produced in 2020 and ramping up to 1m by 2025.... how many realistically would that equate to on Irish roads for 2020?

How many do Hyundai produce per year at present?
    Allowing for the fact that Hyundai keep half for their local market how does that scale up for VW's 100k?

We get a few hundred from Hyundai so I'm just trying to gauge how many Neo's we'd expect to see here.... will it be more than the Leaf?

On the Fully Charged comment about it being a common site on our roads from 2020.... VW are saying 100k EV's to be produced in 2020 and ramping up to 1m by 2025.... how many realistically would that equate to on Irish roads for 2020?

Allowing for the fact that Hyundai keep half for their local market how does that scale up for VW's 100k?

We get a few hundred from Hyundai so I'm just trying to gauge how many Neo's we'd expect to see here.... will it be more than the Leaf?

I have no problem with Electrek, just anything related to Tesla needs a pinch of salt and when they have "Electrek view" or "Electrek take" then don't bother reading that bit :p

First year the Ioniq sold 31k Worldwide. That was across all the range.The electric car could have sold double in Ireland if they had supply, Kona seemingly is 30,000 per year

Have a look at eGolf on carzone. Suddenly a lot of the larger dealers have an eGolf available for sale. Michael Moore for instance who covers a lot of the country wouldn't price before. Would only sell the hybrid. Now they have eGolf. They seem to be ramping up for ID and getting the certifications to sell. Also VW for once are actually advertising the eGolf.

Hopefully the Irish dealers wont make the mistake the Kia and Hyundai made and not order any of them

Isnt one of the guys from VW Ireland on here, could he not tell us?

Hyundai produce around 20,000 of each model and keep half for the home market.

VW don't plan to sell the Neo in the US, so I suspect the 100,000 are for the EU+Norway.

That 100,000 is from the European factory if I remember correctly. The Neo will not go to US....

The Crozz is been made in the US to get around import tax's. Maybe Ford will make it or they talked about VW buying an old GM or Ford plant over their....

VW don't plan to sell the Neo in the US, so I suspect the 100,000 are for the EU+Norway.

I couldn't find much on the Ioniq....good to know....

20k WW versus 100k should mean a few knocking around Ireland hopefully.....

• Advertisement

Timelines and availability are a bit problematic across EVs but the main direction now is quite positive overall.

Timelines and availability are a bit problematic across EVs but the main direction now is quite positive overall.

The issue at the moment in Europe is the only supplier for electric cars is Nissan/Renault who have manufacturing here. So if you want to buy an electric car you are restricted to these vendors or stupid wait times....

Hyundai/Kia etc will look after home market first and then sell into Europe which of course means the larger markets get dibs...

VW will push into Europe first, that's their base. If they can sell in big numbers in Europe then all the hard work will be worth it and they will convert other factories to push out more and more.

I would expect Ireland will benefit from this. It is positive to see more and more dealers signing up to electric and all of those dealers will want cars to sell. I would guess VW Ireland are pushing these dealers to get certified in anticipation of ID.....pointless spending billions on a new range of cars and then have no supply :P

I know its not necessarily apple to apples comparison but it should be in the right ball park.... if Hyundai make 10k EV's for the worldwide market and that equated to <300 EV's landed in Ireland that should mean more than 3000 Neo's for Ireland since VW are saying 100k per year.

It might even be more since you guys are saying the 100k is all for EU.

The top 5 selling models in Ireland in 2017 sold 4000-5000 each (Focus and Golf being two of those!)

dashoonage wrote: »

Looks about as aero dynamic as a brick

Way too tall, almost Berlingo esc

Any CD figures?

Ahh Thierry.....school finished for the day :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ahh Thierry.....school finished for the day :-)
    Where do you put the diesel in?
    Where can he buy one for €500, the value of a skoda fabia ?

• Advertisement

It's not going to be anything massively different from the current VW/Audi range. When I saw the images first it kind of reminded me of an A3 from the exterior. Not sure why.

Just looking at the images, looks like a Panoramic roof on both of them.

ELM327 wrote: »

I will have sold the eGolf, bought the Neo, sold the Neo and bought a Model 3 and Thiery v15 will still be on this forum talking the talk but never having sat or test drove a single BEV :P:P:P

I'll predict 2,000 for Ireland in 2020. First deliveries for the 201 plate.

The expanding eGolf sales are likely being used to train up the dealers on electromotivity.

I'll predict 2,000 for Ireland in 2020. First deliveries for the 201 plate.

The expanding eGolf sales are likely being used to train up the dealers on electromotivity.

A good bit required :-) I rang about service on my eGolf and some firmware updates. They said it was due a main service so I asked what was included...

Pollen Filter etc and then oil change. So I asked what oil to change....silence....to be fair they passed me to a guy who just laughed and said it wasn't included and cost would be reduced to reflect that:D

Ganging up now?

This bullying and personal abuse tbh

Surprised someone like you, would be like that

So what if my Fabia is worth €500

Drives fine, gets me from A-B

Because i don't have a 30k car like you, I can't post here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Ganging up now?

This bullying and personal abuse tbh

Surprised someone like you, would be like that

So what if my Fabia is worth €500

Drives fine, gets me from A-B

Because i don't have a 30k car like you, I can't post here
    Go away outta that. It doesnt matter what car you drive, it's the fact that you constantly close and rereg accounts to put down EVs, put down Tesla (or praise them), same with VW, Hyundai etc, your mood and opinions are inconsistent.

What do you mean "someone like me"?

Go away outta that. It doesnt matter what car you drive, it's the fact that you constantly close and rereg accounts to put down EVs, put down Tesla (or praise them), same with VW, Hyundai etc, your mood and opinions are inconsistent.

What do you mean "someone like me"?

Someone sensible, you don't normally attack the poster

My views are a bit up and down, that's true, the whole EV scene and availability pisses me off is most of the reason for my inconsistency

I am mortgage free, decentish job, sensible with money, like fast cars, waiting a while to buy something decent ( 250bhp+, 400km range, 100kW charging, 35k or so ) and nothing out still.

Tesla I like

Rest of the Autogiants, not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Just looking at the images, looks like a Panoramic roof on both of them.

I recall reading that VW made a high level decision to make a blacked-out roof a standard styling feature of the ID - maybe that's what the photos are showing?

Someone sensible, you don't normally attack the poster

My views are a bit up and down, that's true, the whole EV scene and availability pisses me off is most of the reason for my inconsistency

I am mortgage free, decentish job, sensible with money, like fast cars, waiting a while to buy something decent ( 250bhp+, 400km range, 100kW charging, 35k or so ) and nothing out still.

Tesla I like

Rest of the Autogiants, not impressed

Who cares if your not impressed. You seem to think it is ok to ruin every single thread with your tiresome drivel.

Also very strange requirements for someone that drives a diesel Skoda. Your hardly driving a rocket ship at the moment, you would swear you spent your life in a Ferrari or something and couldn't go for something less....

P.S no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k.....not in 2020 and doubtful in 2025....add another 10k and you might be lucky....

Who cares if your not impressed. You seem to think it is ok to ruin every single thread with your tiresome drivel.

Also very strange requirements for someone that drives a diesel Skoda. Your hardly driving a rocket ship at the moment, you would swear you spent your life in a Ferrari or something and couldn't go for something less....

P.S no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k.....not in 2020 and doubtful in 2025....add another 10k and you might be lucky....

My Skoda Fabia Rs is pretty quick

180bhp, Hybrid turbo

Used to have much quicker cars, 3 mps 300bhp was the quickest

Telsa Model SR for 35k ( US price ) is circa 250bhp, 400km range, 100kW charging

pdpmur wrote: »
    I recall reading that VW made a high level decision to make a blacked-out roof a standard styling feature of the ID - maybe that's what the photos are showing?

Could be, must have a look....can't remember seeing that. I don't like Panoramic roofs so hopefully it is not included

180bhp, Hybrid turbo

Telsa Model SR for 35k ( US price ) is circa 250bhp, 400km range, 100kW charging

What happened your Model 3 reservation :p

Great, thats the price in US. Whats the Irish price?

And as I said below "no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k"

Gen 2 to be used in this years Formula E. The tech development here will boost commercial car tech.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/14/formula-e-electric-racing-batterries-last-whole-race-new-season-felipe-massa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

180bhp, Hybrid turbo

Yet the limit on the roads are the same for all cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Gen 2 to be used in this years Formula E. The tech development here will boost commercial car tech.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/14/formula-e-electric-racing-batterries-last-whole-race-new-season-felipe-massa

From a spectator point of view I really don’t see the appeal formula E. Without the roar if the engine , gear changes , blowing engines etc. You may aswell just be watching scaleletrics

• Advertisement
Advertisement