Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actuarial

Options
  • 23-04-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

If I couldn't afford accommodation costs associated with UCD or DCU, what maths degree and masters at NUIM (easy commute) would be most suitable for this career path? Or should I just aim for UCD regardless and put costs down to it being a better long term investment due to exemptions, placement etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭funnyname

If I couldn't afford accommodation costs associated with UCD or DCU, what maths degree and masters at NUIM (easy commute) would be most suitable for this career path? Or should I just aim for UCD regardless and put costs down to it being a better long term investment due to exemptions, placement etc.?

https://web.actuaries.ie/about/so-how-can-i-become-actuary

You could also try to skip university altogether and write to individual companies to see if they would take you on an actuarial apprenticeship straight out of school.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Probably this one, but it's not my area of expertise, so do look into it further. ;)

Advertisement