Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Mortgage

• 23-04-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all. Currently renting a number of years and informed in February that we had to move out end of July as they are selling the house.

Partner and I decided to apply for mortgage and we contacted accountant to do up accounts as partner is self employed. Accountant still not finished doing up partners accounts and told us it will be another 2 weeks before all done, even after us explaining we need put in for mortgage asap.

I'm just wondering when we finally get accounts and revenue receipts, can we put the mortgage application as urgent to bank, as we need to know soon as possible if we can get a mortgage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AGrownUpTheySay

Hi there,

I don't think you will get priority service, sadly - lots of people are applying and want a quick decision.

Have you already been in touch with a mortgage broker/bank? At the least, you could get a full list of what they are asking for and begin to compile all the information and documents so it will be ready to go once you have the accounts.

Good luck - I know the waiting is painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Whodat19

Hi there,

I don't think you will get priority service, sadly - lots of people are applying and want a quick decision.

Have you already been in touch with a mortgage broker/bank? At the least, you could get a full list of what they are asking for and begin to compile all the information and documents so it will be ready to go once you have the accounts.

Good luck - I know the waiting is painful!

Ya we have everything else in order, deposit, any forms and documents needed, just waiting for accountant finish up. Thanks for reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Could you ask the broker to start the process, in the knowledge that the accounts will be required.

The banks always seem to query a few items anyway and at least the rest of your documents would be saved onto their system and if they have queries regarding them they could be addressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Incentivise the accountant. We will pay you X% more than standard if you can complete accounts by X date.

Advertisement