Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical/furniture outlets in Ireland offering 0% finance?

Options
  • 23-04-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Afternoon all,

I hope this is the best forum for this (mods feel free to move if not), I would love to hear if anyone has any tips on outlets in Ireland (east coast preferably) that offer 0% finance on furniture and white goods?

Moving into our freshly bought house soon from a furnished rented apartment so we have to essentially start from scratch with everything really!

Spreading payments as much as we can is something we're happy to do, if it doesn't accrue interest over any 6-12 month interest free term (idea is to pay whatever purchased off within the term, before their punitive interest rate kicks in).

So far I see that many of the electrical suppliers (Harvey Norman, DID, Power City too I think) use this FlexiFi finance company that I wouldnt touch with a bargepole.

I've done a fair bit of homework so far - DFS do couches with 0% I see, Arnotts offer it on bedding and even Argos/Littlewoods offer a certain ability to buy now and pay off over 6-12 months on the white goods they stock.

If anyone has spotted any other companies nationally that offer anything similar, or have any other advice/experience to offer it would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

<SNIP> no need to quote OP in first response.

Flexi fi seems reasonable,only €268 extra on a €2000 over 2 years, but flexirent definately costs a lot more..... € 2980! :0

• Registered Users Posts: 27 the summer me

I have checked out Flexi Fi in a little more detail, having lumped it together with Flexirent as a non-starter and I will agree the amount repayable is not nearly as hefty, interest wise. Harvey Norman offers half of the 2 year term interest free too I see.

however their €35 application fee and a €3.50 'monthly account fee' across the 2 years is still sticking in my craw :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

There is no such thing as 0% finance - its built in somewhere, somehow. Get a credit union loan and then buy at the best possible price.

As for DFS for couches - WAY WAY WAY overpriced. Dreadful customer service.

Go to Ikea - start with basics (they've some decent offers on beds & settees) and gradually upgrade over the next 2-4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

CeilingFly wrote: »
    There is no such thing as 0% finance - its built in somewhere, somehow. .

not technically true.

They operate on the principle some people will not remember to pay in full on time and will be trapped in a high APR arrangement, making them loads of money.

You can play the system by being organized and knowing what payment is due when.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 the summer me

thanks for the comments, we have sorted out the white goods for 0% at least - fridge/freezer and dishwasher via Littlewoods with 12 months 0% finance (as long as we pay off balance within the year - the danger here is there is no DD setup so its up to us to remember to chip away at balance), happy with that though.

Also, Argos offer 6 months 0% with a small 10% deposit up front - again no DD so we go instore to pay chunks, so washing machine sorted! Overall, about €1300 in spend with almost nowt upfront at least, and no interest at all.

More left in the pot for the big Ikea splurge now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement