Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Buddy / Cycling Club around Saggart Area

Options
  • 23-04-2018 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

Per the title, I'm looking for a cycling buddy, or to join a cycling club in the Saggart area.

I haven't cycled since September and I need to get back on the bike and get back to my previous fitness level, and lose a few kg's in the process.
    I'm aiming for 20-30km a couple times a week during week days, and maybe 60-100km a couple times a month on weekends.

Any interest let me know, or if you can point me to a local cycling club, that would be much appreciated also :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gwd

JLarsen wrote: »
    Hi all,

Per the title, I'm looking for a cycling buddy, or to join a cycling club in the Saggart area.

I haven't cycled since September and I need to get back on the bike and get back to my previous fitness level, and lose a few kg's in the process.
    I'm aiming for 20-30km a couple times a week during week days, and maybe 60-100km a couple times a month on weekends.

Any interest let me know, or if you can point me to a local cycling club, that would be much appreciated also :-)

Try clondalin cycling club its not that far from you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Hi all,

Not sure if it is what you are after, but some people leave from Cycle Super Store on Saturday mornings. They are on FBI Book.

Having just looked, they may just have started a club too, Tallaght Wheelers?

Might be worth a punt for the weekend spins!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Tallaght wheelers new club set up. Leave cycle superstore at 9 on Saturday . Try to cater for all levels. 3 groups went out last week. 50km 85km and 110km

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Hi all,

Clondalkin Cycling club have easy Tuesday and Thursday spins leaving from the SDCC offices in Clondalkin village - only down the road from you. There is an easy group on the Sunday spins too. You'd be more than welcome. Am a member

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JLarsen

Thanks all for the info, I'll check out both Clondalkin CC and Tallaght Wheelers.

I've the bike at the shop this week, prepping it for the cycling season.
    I'll try and see if I can join this Saturday and Sunday, and then Tues/Thurs next week.

Any idea what time Clondalkin CC sets out on Tues/Thurs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Usher Irish Road Club would be your most obvious club from a Geographical/proximity point of view. Meeting point is the centre of Newcastle village there just a couple of k from Saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JLarsen

fat bloke wrote: »
    Usher Irish Road Club would be your most obvious club from a Geographical/proximity point of view. Meeting point is the centre of Newcastle village there just a couple of k from Saggart.

Thanks for that one, I'll certainly follow up on that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Thanks all for the info, I'll check out both

Any idea what time Clondalkin CC sets out on Tues/Thurs ?

Official spins are 7pm but some smaller groups might head out earlier on a given week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Reservoir Cogs in Blessington typically have 3 groups Sunday morning at 8:30 from Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

im new to saggart area too and will be going out on small spins soon so interested in other cyclists in the area to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement